PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Paint

CBX Carl
05-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I have a white '99 Ford van. The paint has not been taken care of for several years. When I take a close up look at the paint it appears that there is dirt embedded into the paint. Paint appears to be nslightly oxidized in spots. What is the best way to bring the paint back ? Thanks for the responses

richy
05-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Looking at the vintage of the vehicle, you're probably looking at two distinct issues. One being oxidization and the other being the paint is dirty down to a porous level. A product that I've been after Meghan to stock is the ABC decontamination system which is a 3 step acid, alkaline and neutralizing wash. Ford dealerships sell it under their own Mastercraft brand as well as the parent company. It is available here (http://www.valugard.net/cms/)...delete the link if it breaks any rules..it shouldn't as AG does not sell a comparable product to it. The decontamination system rocks..I have used it on several older cars with great success. Your second issue is just going to take good old fashioned compound and polish..hopefully you've got enough clear left to work with! Good luck.:buffing: