PDA

View Full Version : DP Rinse and Gloss Review

Bunky
05-03-2009, 07:01 PM
I received a sample of the DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss for review. Here is a summary on two vehicles this weekend. One vehicle was a daily driver that had essentailly no wax and was going polish up and the other had just been waxed about 2 weeks ago. I am an Optimum No Rinse user.

DP's Rinseless Wash and Gloss is a replacement for DP's 4-n-1 product. Prior comparisons tended to just discuss the cost differential between DP 4-n-1 and Optimum's No Rinse. I guess Max decided to end that by introducting a product at about an equivalent price and dilution ratio.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3372/3499078178_496319a807.jpg

Price: $15.99 / quart, $39.99 per gallon (before any forum discounts)

Directions:
1 oz per 2 gallons - normal wash
1 to 2 oz per 3 to 5 gallons - water conditioner
1 to 1.5 oz per 32 ounces - clay lube
2 to 2.5 oz per 32 ounces - quick detailer

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3394/3499083088_ae5f2791c9.jpg

Observations:

Scent/Color: Strong bubble gum/Pink. When diluted it is much less obvious.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3348/3498263477_6e52ef1e8a.jpg

Cleaning Ability: For paint, great. On par with ONR. On wheels, it did a good job on loose dirt/brake dust. Like ONR, it is not as good at dislodging grease without a little rubbing. No loss in LSP was noted. I did not have a chance to check it against aged bug splatters.

I used a chenile mf (dreadlock) style wash mitt. It darkens during use as the mitt traps dirt (just like ONR). It does not readily rinse in the wash bucket or a rinse bucket and requires a soap (like Dawn or MF wash) rinseless to release the dirt.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3545/3498263805_a692c80f57.jpg

Lubricity: The dilutied wash does not feel especially slick (but neither does ONR) compared to a traditional soap. This is where you have to make a paradigm change on expecting a soap. I always tended to mix 2 oz / 3 gallons thinking it would be slightly slicker (peace of mind).

I was "feeling" the pure concentrate between ONR and DP and it was hard to feel any difference.

Drying ease: On paint with no wax it is a little hard to dry than on waxed paint but excellent overall. No worry about residue causing water spots. The amount of fluid left always seems less than a traditional wash unless you can get the water to sheet prior to drying.

Added gloss/slickness: It leaves a nice clean sharp look. I did not really notice any added slickness.

Wash time: Faster than a traditional wash. No hose to drag out and no worry about water spots. The best part of rinseless washing is when you wash and dry the last panel you are done except for cleaning/wiping down the door jambs using a squirt bottle of your rinseless wash and a mf cloth.

Conclusions:

Nice product. It does what it advertises and offers another option for those interested in rinseless products. If there are differences between ONR and DPR&G, they are not very obvious in any practical manner. Interestingly, it also leaves a ring around the water level (dirt) on the wash bucket if left to sit for very long (again just like ONR).

trhland
05-03-2009, 08:18 PM
nice review!!

Bunky
06-06-2009, 06:47 AM
I have washed several vehicles now with DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss and very pleased with the results. The added shine / water beading properties is long lasting.

I really think the reason behind rinseless washes success is that it virtually eliminates water spotting and always leaves a just QD'd look. If you use it, it will affect (improve or change) your LSP look. It should extend the perceived durability.

Meghan
06-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Thank you for the update Bunky, DP makes some amazing products, this one being one of the favorites.

ScottB
06-06-2009, 11:04 AM
The first time I used it, I immediately thought of Pepto-bismo. Its kinda cool looking ... and easily on par with ONR and other products but at a better price point. DP offers alot of value ...

CharlesW
06-06-2009, 11:27 AM
The first time I used it, I immediately thought of Pepto-bismo. Its kinda cool looking ... and easily on par with ONR and other products but at a better price point. DP offers alot of value ...
I guess I must be missing something here.
DP $15.99 32 oz. - $39.99 128 oz.
ONR $15.99 32 oz. - $39.99 128 oz.
Prices before any forum discounts seem to be pretty comparable. :confused:

FWIW, I have used QEW, ONR, DP 4 in 1, DP Wash & Gloss, (As rinseless washes), and was satisfied with the results from all of them.

02CAMSS
06-06-2009, 11:49 AM
I guess I must be missing something here.
DP $15.99 32 oz. - $39.99 128 oz.
ONR $15.99 32 oz. - $39.99 128 oz.
Prices before any forum discounts seem to be pretty comparable. :confused:

FWIW, I have used QEW, ONR, DP 4 in 1, DP Wash & Gloss, (As rinseless washes), and was satisfied with the results from all of them.

LOL!!!! wonder if someone is trying to buffalo people?

CharlesW
06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
LOL!!!! wonder if someone is trying to buffalo people?
I have no idea, but I would like to think it was an honest mistake.

nitro78
06-06-2009, 03:22 PM
bottom line: buy whichever is cheaper at the time you need to order.

Emile
06-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Excellent review. It looks like a nice product. I am a big fan ONR and I would like to try this stuff out. ONR washes are fantastic during the winter months, and during the summer I like to inject 2oz into my foam gun and my wash bucket to soften the water and eliminate water spots during regular washes.

Bunky
06-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I add 1/4 ounce of DP RWG to a 3 gallon mixture of PB SSS today and it seems to add to the slickness but it sure did reduce the suds which is not all bad. It seemed to rinse (sheet) a bit better which is what I had believed would happen.