PDA

View Full Version : Bird bomb and Wolfgang Protection

Eliran
05-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi guys,
Last week I clean my sister's BMW with Wolfgang Paintwork Enhancer and afterwards I applied two coats of Wolfgang DGPS and two coats of Fuzion and it seems that it did not protect the car enough.
Today, when I washed her car I saw a bird dropping on the roof and when I safely remove it from her car I noticed etching on the roof and some small ring shape water marks on some spots on the whole car.
Why do you think happened that cause this etching even that there was protection on the car?

Thanks,
Eliran

ScottB
05-03-2009, 01:38 PM
likely what the bird ate and past thru more than the doo-doo , or it sat on finish to long. Should be removed with a light polishing and then reapplication. I find this much more so with all sealants versus waxes.

CBX Carl
05-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Bird droppings contain acid. It will eventually "eat" its' way through any protection...

Eliran
05-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Ok thanks guys.
So for now should I apply another coat of Fuzion to get more protection or do I need to redo the places that there are etching and water marks?

Thanks,
Eliran

Rsurfer
05-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Re-polish those areas. Did you let the Wolfgang cure between coats?

Eliran
05-03-2009, 02:57 PM
The first coat I have putted for 24 hours and the second was about 6 hours until it started to rain a little and I immediately wife the car of with Wolfgang instant detail sprits.
But the other coat of Fuzion I applied after each wash using DP 4 in 1.

Rsurfer
05-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Boy that Birdie must have eaten some powerful stuff to go through 2 coats sealant and 2 coats of Fuzion. Keep a bottle of QD and a mf towel in your trunk and wipe any bird bombs ASAP to prevent this from happening again.

BenzDetailer
05-03-2009, 03:49 PM
For Doo Doo Use Do Do :-)

Eliran
05-03-2009, 03:54 PM
But the main question is if that is common to happened even when there is a wax on the car? or it might not been cured properly or bond properly therefore it had been occur.

02CAMSS
05-03-2009, 05:10 PM
But the main question is if that is common to happened even when there is a wax on the car? or it might not been cured properly or bond properly therefore it had been occur.

No wax or sealent I know of right now and I have tried a ton of them can withstand prolonged exposure to bird crap no matter how long they cure...

Eliran
05-03-2009, 05:30 PM
ok thank you all guys I think I got my answer.