PDA

View Full Version : Whats Working Now?

Excessive Detail
05-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, I just recently got back in the detailing loop, been about 8 months, and I just noticed Im running low on compounds/polishes, and am wonder whats new that people are using. I have been noticing on many post that people are using meguires stuff. So whats new good combos people are uisng in the fight against swirls. Thanks

Rsurfer
05-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Meg's 105 and 205 is the flavor of the month. Waiting for Kevin Brown's write up on removing tough marring with 105 using a PC. Some are doing it now and getting excellant results.

supercharged
05-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Megs 105/205, Wolfgang 3.0 polishes, Menzerna Nano Polishes.

bamaproshop
05-02-2009, 08:23 AM
I have been using Wolfgang products amazing results...

ScottB
05-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Menzenra SIP/Nano -- Still Champ IMO
Wolfgang 3.0 Polishes (made by menzerna)
Megs 105/205 --non diminishing abrasives, handle with care

Excessive Detail
05-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Handle with car? Ok I should know, but what do you mean?

richy
05-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Handle with car? Ok I should know, but what do you mean?

I think what he means is that you use it differently than a diminishing abrasive. The 105 is a great product if you need max cut and gets in, does the job in seconds and you're out. Where people have run into problems with it are the ones who worked it too long. I broke out my old Presta Ultra Cutting Creme light for kicks on the last 2 jobs..it still works great. I think you've been doing this long enough to realize that the products that people get so worked up about are only a small percentage of your success. The process and skill level are what's most important. If you're good, a lot of different products will do just fine. Having said that, technology does always move on and some new stuff comes along. The non-diminishing crowd really started with X3. I still have and use that a lot too. Just use a different method.

Hades02
05-05-2009, 04:05 PM
I think what he means is that you use it differently than a diminishing abrasive. The 105 is a great product if you need max cut and gets in, does the job in seconds and you're out. Where people have run into problems with it are the ones who worked it too long. I broke out my old Presta Ultra Cutting Creme light for kicks on the last 2 jobs..it still works great. I think you've been doing this long enough to realize that the products that people get so worked up about are only a small percentage of your success. The process and skill level are what's most important. If you're good, a lot of different products will do just fine. Having said that, technology does always move on and some new stuff comes along. The non-diminishing crowd really started with X3. I still have and use that a lot too. Just use a different method.

How long is long enough or to long? I was working with the 105 and found
that I have to work it longer than I thought. Til it goes kind of clear. Leaves
a great finish. Am I working it to long and doing damage?

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Sounds like you have the newer version, which will take a tad longer.

Wendell Jarvis
05-05-2009, 05:40 PM
:iagree::whs: