PDA

View Full Version : I have a leaky Skwami

A4 1.8tqm
05-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I just received my Tire2Tire Skwami, excited to equalize the tire pressure on my A4 Quattro I immidiately went out to the garage.

After connecting the first 2 tires and letting it sit for a min, I removed the Skwami from one tire only to hear air escaping from the other. I capped the Skwami with my thumb and quickly removed it from the remaining tire.

Upon inspection it appears that the valve pin is not coming back out to stop air flow. It looks like the spring that should push the valve pin back out is over compressed and provides no force. One side will stop leaking with a quick wiggle, the other seems hopeless. It seems to me that air pressure should be enough to close the valve.

Anyone have a Skwami and/or suggestions? I assume I just got a defective item. Maybe lube the valve a little? TIA

Speed-Dude
05-01-2009, 09:02 PM
probably should talk to meghan or something

Meghan
05-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Yes give me a call Monday I will take care of it for you.

killrflake
05-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Never a problem with a defective product purchased at AG with Megan watching out for us. No wonder we all love AG and Megan.

A4 1.8tqm
05-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Never a problem with a defective product purchased at AG with Megan watching out for us. No wonder we all love AG and Megan.

:whs: Thanks! I'll call Monday. Can't wait to try Souveran for the first time this weekend! Can't resist a VIP special.

I was in mexico with a 100+ Wedding group Apr 20-30. We are all home Swine Flu free!! :cheers:

A4 1.8tqm
05-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I received my free replacements the other day. Both work great! You can't find better customer service anywhere, period
Thanks AG! :cheers:

Now I just need to get my feet on one of those Flex soccer Balls:D