PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler Bankruptcy

Pages : [1] 2

Meghan
05-01-2009, 09:47 AM
If you haven't read up on this news that came out last night, this is an interesting article to start with... so much for my lifetime Chrysler warranty, not sure Chrysler is going to have nine lives!
Chrysler worker: 'Roller coaster isn't over for us' - May. 1, 2009 (http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/01/autos/chrysler_worker_reaction/index.htm?postversion=2009050109)

redboost10
05-01-2009, 09:53 AM
not good times right now. i also heard that chevy is cutting all the "ss" rigs??? not sure if this is true or not.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-01-2009, 09:54 AM
I live pretty close to the Warren stamping plant, people are pi$$ed off. Not only Chrysler employees, but the local businesses. I'm not talking about the various suppliers, but restaurants, party stores and such. And believe it or not, there is an emergency industrial clinic in that area that can no longer stay open 24 hours - no more people needing emergency medical care. It affects more than you'd think.

As for your warranty Meghan, I think I heard that the government will back all existing auto warranties.

Emile
05-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Tough times for Chrysler. Chrysler has some nice vehicles but most of their cars either make no sense or the market just has much better alternatives out there in the same price range.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Tough times for Chrysler. Chrysler has some nice vehicles but most of their cars either make no sense or the market just has much better alternatives out there in the same price range.

I completely agree, but have you driven a Fiat (Fix It Again Tony)? I think this Fiat merger was just a last ditch effort to save Chrysler. It was part of their recovery plan - and this was supposed to be the save all. Well, it didn't work. Still filling chapter 11. What an investment of my tax dollars.

Dsoto87
05-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Everyone knew the bailouts were only halting the inevitable.

Now we'll be trillions of dollars in debt for the coming decades.

culinarian
05-01-2009, 12:54 PM
They may just be the first. Hopefully they have learned something and will not fall into the same trap. I have a feeling that GM may be next. If these two companies get lean and profitable out of this Ford may have too follow suit.
They all need to break the union hold (salaries way too high); they also need to get there retirement programs under control.

Craig
05-01-2009, 01:51 PM
We are so lucky. We have Obama to fix these kinds of things:D
I also heard a while back that Obama said the goverment would take care of warranty on cars. They can't run the country,
the screw up everything they touch, now they're going to repair our vehicles and health care? Ever heard the saying "I'm with the goverment, I'm here to help"? How many wants the goverment to "repair" their vehicle. I love my country, but this is too much. It seems they want to run everything. Like the company stores the coal miners had to deal with. What's next?

wytstang
05-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Everyone knew the bailouts were only halting the inevitable.

Now we'll be trillions of dollars in debt for the coming decades.
Yup
http://i39.tinypic.com/1z5ktp0.jpg

nrengle
05-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Boy that move to Bali is looking better and better all the time...

Bunky
05-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Yup

Oh my! I thought he was wondering if UFO's existed at Area 51.

BenzDetailer
05-01-2009, 05:19 PM
It's all just an Obombanation of our Freedom !

termigator
05-01-2009, 07:31 PM
not good times right now. i also heard that chevy is cutting all the "ss" rigs??? not sure if this is true or not.

Not sure, but it would make sense. SS vehicles, while impressive performance-wise, usually get poor SUV-like mileage compared to the non-SS counterparts and it would be a PR nightmare.

Couldn't agree more. I haven't been impressed with Chrysler products (Except for the late 90's 300.:)) for over twenty years. I do like the new Challenger a lot, but the interior styling is forgettable. And what's the deal with only coming out with the overpriced SRT8 with Hummer-like mpg for a year before coming out with "lesser" Challengers?! :mad:

Surfer
05-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Just goes to show you how retarded our government is, anyone with half a brain knew the bailouts were doing nothing but post-poning the inevitable. I have money on GM claiming BK this year as well, their burning through cash to quickly, only way they won't claim BK is if our gov keeps giving them babysitting money. For one thing, BK is good, on the corporate level this allows companies to completely restructure themselves (you know Chrysler was very strong and profitable and went to the shitter in revenue and profits the second Daimler made the acquisition around 98'). GM and Chrysler should have filed BK last year.

Gary Sword
05-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Yup

:D I thought he was thinking about new ways to print and spend money. Next the US Government is going to file chapter 11. :eek: