PDA

View Full Version : AutoZone Wheel Brush

Pages : [1] 2

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
04-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Hey all. I was in AutoZone today and came across a wheel brush that is very similar to the EZ Detail Brush. This one was only $4.99 though. Has anyone tried this brush? I figured for only $5 it couldn't hurt to try it out. It flexes and everything. Thanks for any replies.

Josh

Harleyguy
04-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey all. I was in AutoZone today and came across a wheel brush that is very similar to the EZ Detail Brush. This one was only $4.99 though. Has anyone tried this brush? I figured for only $5 it couldn't hurt to try it out. It flexes and everything. Thanks for any replies.

JoshNope never used it you can do the full write up for us .Use it on a car that you don't care about just in case it ruins something LOL

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
04-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Nope never used it you can do the full write up for us .Use it on a car that you don't care about just in case it ruins something LOL

Haha...thanks for the reply Harley. That's what I was thinking. I'm fortunate to have wheels where I can fit my hand all the way to the back, but I am thinking of cars that I do that I can't do that. I mean hey...it can't hurt for $5. It might work out ya know.

dublifecrisis
04-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey Josh-I'm on my 2nd one. same brush...all black, soft bristles, long flexible brush. It works pretty good. As I mentioned-I am on my 2nd one. This is because, like a coat hanger, it will only tolerate so much flexing before it snaps in two. That is what happened to my 1st one. It works fine for getting into the barrel of the wheel but don't get too crazy with bending it around etc...which it tends to do on its own.

termigator
04-30-2009, 09:51 PM
It works pretty well. I like it. I usually get most of the brake dust and other crud off the wheels with my pressure washer before using the brush to get to the areas I missed.

sal329
04-30-2009, 11:12 PM
I have used mine a few times. It works well, never noticed any scratching or anything.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
04-30-2009, 11:18 PM
That's awesome guys. I really appreciate all the responses. I'll definitely have to go pick one up. I don't think I would do anything too crazy to break it haha. I would think after a good rinse and letting some wheel cleaner dwell on it for a couple minutes would loosen up the grime and make cleaning a snap.

06CivicSi
04-30-2009, 11:52 PM
I have both. I started out with the az one. I recently purchased the ez detail brush... it is 100% better. I like it more because it is more sturdy. The one from az will bend when using pressure. Try it out. Its only 5 bucks! Then get one that will last.

Emile
05-01-2009, 10:18 AM
I like those AutoZone wheel brushes. I have one that I currently use and two brand new ones sitting in a drawer. The bristles are super soft so you can't really get any real scrubbing action out of it but I love it. It's only like $5 or $6, it bends nicely on the wire (haven't had the wire snap yet), and I can easily reach inside all of my wheels. It gets the job done very well for me....it's definitely worth buying. If you don't like it for wheels, you can also try it on hard-to-reach areas such as in the engine bay.

supercharged
05-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Autozone brush isn't as strong as EZ Brush, but there is something you can use it for. Bend it and use it behind the spokes, leave the brush in this position, use it to clean behind the spokes only. This way you are not bendint the brush back and worth and it should last you for quite a while...

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-01-2009, 12:29 PM
My wheels aren't very dirty. Like I said I'm able to reach my hand back there so everytime I clean my car, the barrel gets cleaned...so for what I'll use it for, it should work out fine. Thanks for all these responses. :D

gto19
05-01-2009, 02:44 PM
are you guys comparing it to the ez motorcycle brush here on ag?if not could you tell me what one it is from ag your using .ill have to get one.thanks ,and ill have to try that one from auto zone also.

eric

waltj2k
05-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Bought it, Tried it, Didn't like it. Going back.

For what I am looking for. Bristles and the wire are too soft. Looking for something with a little more scrubbing possibility.

Jokeman
05-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Are you guys using the black one or the blue brush? The blue brush works great and is extremely strong.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-06-2009, 10:20 AM
The one at AutoZone is black. Do they also sell a blue one that is a little stronger?