PDA

View Full Version : Review of DP Rinseless Wash

longdx
04-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Review of DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss

I receive a free sample of DP Rinseless from Autogeek earlier this week . Thank you Meghan.

DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss is a replacement for DP 4in1. Like the name suggest it is a rinseless wash product in the same catagory as the much heralded ONR.
I live near the Chesapeake Bay. It is the second largest estuary in the world and there has been an active program to reduce runoff for years. Products like DP are becoming more important for professional detailers who are required to limit runoff. However, for home use DP Rinselss Wash and Gloss can be a great product to reduce water usage.

Time for the review. The instructions are simple. 1) Add 1oz to 2gallons of water. 2) wash one panel at a time 3) wipe the panel with a MF cloth 4) proceed to the next panel

Lubricity
This is where DP really shines. I tried this on 3 vehicles. Two that were recently detailed and my wife's beat up city car (15 year old honda with no LSP). On all three, DP encapulates the dirt and wipes off with minimal effort. In fact, for lack of better words, there is a wicking effect that allows the you to dry the panels very quickly.You can do an average car in 10-15 minutes.

Gloss
DP imparts a very nice sheen after drying. Gloss is enhanced and gived the impression that the vehicle is freshly waxed.

Slickness
The panels on the freshly detailed vehicles maintained their slicknes after the DP wash. On the unprotected city car, slickness is improved marginally.

Smell
Similiar to bubblegum. My wife thinks it smells exactly like Hubba-Bubba bubblegum.

Ease of Use
Again, no harder than a traditional wash. Same rules apply, work top down.

Value
You are using 1oz per wash, so the is enough for 32 washes at least. Also DP can be used as a quick detailer or to enhance lubricity by adding to any car wash solution. It also can be a clay lube. It is very versatile and I love the fact that there is no waste or runoff after a wash. It saves water and for me time. I highly recommend this product.

Cons
It is an effective QD, but is not as slick as Meguiars UQD. It does not have any wax so protection is short lived. However,it will not strip fresh wax. Heavily soiled vehicles may still need to be rinsed first prior to DP.

Thank you for wading through this review. I do hope you try it. I am impressed.

DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss http://www.autogeek.net/dp-rinseless-four-in-one.html (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-rinseless-four-in-one.html)