PDA

View Full Version : Pictures inside, advices needed.

maclion
04-30-2009, 03:19 PM
I am totally new, never ever do detailing by using machine. So I really need your kind advices.

Here it is:
Want to order:Porter Cable 7424 Polisher Combo with
Pinnacle XMT Fine Swirl Remover #2
Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze
CCS Orange Light Cutting 5.5 inch Foam Pads

Car information: 2005 Acura TSX, color is Night hawk black Perl.

1) It has some swirls, as you can see, it seems Fine swirls, right? Does #2 with orange pads are too aggressive? Should I try #2 with white pads? (However, white 5.5" pads seem out of stock, anywhere I can buy?)
2) What the hell of those tiny small white dots (second and third pics)? How can I remove them?
3) What should I do with those chips on the hood (fourth pic)?
4) Right now, I am going to clay->#2 with white/ or orange -> Carnauba Finishing Glaze -> ?? Also, which pad should I use to apply Carnauba Finishing Glaze?
5) I don't have garage, can I do these under sun?

Any suggestions are really appreciated:righton:

ScottB
04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
I would personally use the polish with white pad first and the orange pads can leave alot of micromarring and will need additional polishing with lighter pad anyways so see if these would help first. I would suggest Menzerna Power Finish 203 as another polish choice.

Those small dots almost look like a finger print under the clear but could be the first part of clearcoat failure which appears to be the case in pic 3.

These polishes can be used in the sun with care, but would not suggest direct sunlight. Try a tree, shade, or canopy/tent as possible for best results.

maclion
04-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks for your super quick reply.
Yes, I also think white pad is safer, but I can not add white pads to my shopping cart. are these pad out of stock? where to buy those? How many pads do I need for detailing one car?
Those finger print like dots really annoy me. You say it could be clear coat failure, what's that mean? It's possible to get rid of them? I have one more pics, lots of dots. As I bought it used, I really do not know what happened before?

I would personally use the polish with white pad first and the orange pads can leave alot of micromarring and will need additional polishing with lighter pad anyways so see if these would help first. I would suggest Menzerna Power Finish 203 as another polish choice.

Those small dots almost look like a finger print under the clear but could be the first part of clearcoat failure which appears to be the case in pic 3.

These polishes can be used in the sun with care, but would not suggest direct sunlight. Try a tree, shade, or canopy/tent as possible for best results.

undrpressure23
04-30-2009, 04:02 PM
can you feel it on the surface of the paint? Could be overspray of some sort... if so try to wash and then clay first to see if it can be removed.

maclion
04-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks. Yes, I can feel a little bit. hope clay can help

can you feel it on the surface of the paint? Could be overspray of some sort... if so try to wash and then clay first to see if it can be removed.