PDA

View Full Version : dell laptop problems.. Need advice.

06CivicSi
04-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Hey everyone,
I ordered a dell a little over a month ago. It was going to cost around 2500. They were going to charge me over a period of 3 days because my limit on my debit card is 1000 per day. This did not work too well. They made the first charge of 750 and then about a week later made another charge of 750... A week later after the second charge they called me saying my third payment did not go through. So i called the bank and everything was good. The next day dell refunded one of the 750 charges :(
So i was becoming angry that they were fooling around with my account like that.
I canceled the order over the phone and i thought everything was over. The money returned back to my account.
I just got an email yesterday saying my shipping date was rescheduled.:eek:
So i reply to it saying to cancel!
Today it was shipped fedex to my house!

What do i need to do? I dont think it should be my problem to worry with shipping it back to dell. I have tried to cancel twice!

Sorry the story was so long. I tried to make it as short as possible.
Thanks for and advice in advance!

RoPaJa
04-29-2009, 11:59 PM
You can refuse delivery from the carrier provided you are home when it is delivered. If not, give customer care a call and they will pay for the laptop to be picked up and returned. Holler at me if you don't get a quick or acceptable reply.

sh4dowfax
04-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Ugh. I had this happen to me from Lenovo. Thankfully, Lenovo offered to refund me and work out the return... but still. :P

Harleyguy
04-30-2009, 08:22 AM
I would never spend that kind of cash on a dell laptop .There is alot better lap tops on the market for that kind of money.

Meghan
04-30-2009, 08:55 AM
We actually have a member that works for Dell maybe he will see this and help you out. But I would call customer service and see whats going on before they charge you again!

06CivicSi
05-01-2009, 12:03 AM
So... i am on my new laptop!
I called dell to complain because i had to take time out of my day and deal with them. They took an extra 150 off my total order and then gave me a 150 dell gift card!
Woot! So i got an studio xps 16 fully upgraded (list specs below) for 1600!

-t9550 core 2 duo
-4gb ddr3
-full hd screen
-ati 3670 512mb
-128gb ssd
-bluetooth
-webcam
didnt get blue ray disc player because i dont really have to have it.

MistysMurano
05-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi 06Civic,

Glad it worked out for you. I have always had good customer service with Dell. I purchased 2 Dell XPS M1730 gaming laptops ($3,000 ea.) online from Dell 2 years ago, and only had 1 problem with 1 of the laptops, the cd-rom drive started making a beeping noise when booting up and would not stop (this happened after having it about 11 months). Called Dell and they sent a local Dell rep to come over the house and he fixed it with no charge.

06CivicSi
05-01-2009, 11:45 PM
yeah that is why i went back to dell. I had a inspiron 8600 for the past 5 years... The motherboard has been replaced 6 times and the harddrive once. everytime it has been fixed within 3 days at my house. Great customer service but its nothing compared to the staff here at autogeek! Yall are awesome! Words cannot express it!