PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shy?

Shane527
04-28-2009, 04:28 PM
I have a 2007 Ram 2500 QC LB with Patriot Blue Pearl paint. I just got a Flex and love it, I also have a Cyclo. I am trying to get the some light swirling out of the paint. I am using a blue LC pad with Menz 106FA with the Flex. I am going and going and going at the panel but yet the swirl marks are still there, the paint is definatley more vibrant but I can't get rid of the swirls. Do I need to move up to Menz SIP and then follow up with the 106 or XMT1? I am just hesistant to jump to the SIP since it seems to be pretty high on the cut scale. If I should go to SIP should I go woth the orange pad to or stick with the blue and see what happens. I know the rule of thumb is to start at the least agressive to the most. Thanks for the help.

Dsoto87
04-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Well you definitely stayed true to the "least agressive" method. I'm not familiar with menzerna but I believe 106ff is like their lightest finishing polish and the blue pad has zero cut. You were pretty much jeweling the paint.

Try the sip witha white pad. If that doesn't work than go with the orange pad

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
04-28-2009, 04:57 PM
There's nothing wrong with moving up to SIP and a white pad. After that, go back over the panel with 106FA and your blue pad. If the SIP and white pad don't remove the swirls, then step up to the orange pad. After that, go back over it with SIP/white, then 106/blue.

Wendell Jarvis
04-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Well you definitely stayed true to the "least agressive" method. I'm not familiar with menzerna but I believe 106ff is like their lightest finishing polish and the blue pad has zero cut. You were pretty much jeweling the paint.

Try the sip witha white pad. If that doesn't work than go with the orange pad
:whs:

Shane527
04-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Thank you for the advice. If it does not rain this weekend I will give it a go!