PDA

View Full Version : Which pad should I use to buff with mf bonnet?

dinkydow
08-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I have been using a lambswool leveling pad under a mf bonnet but I just changed to the edge buffing pads and I need to know which pad you would recommend to use under the mf bonnet with this set up. Thanking you in advance!!

Brace1
08-31-2006, 04:57 AM
I used to wrestle with getting the mf bonnets over the polishing pads, but I recently switched to using the wool pad as a base and won't go back. Much easier to get the bonnets on/off and gives a more level surface since the pads not all jammed and creased underneath.

dinkydow
08-31-2006, 07:18 AM
Thanks but what I mean is I now have the edge pads and can't use my lambswool leveling pad so, I need to use one of the edge pads under the mf bonnet. Which of the edge pads should I use for this purpose?

BILL
08-31-2006, 07:25 AM
Why cant you use the L.W.?? WHY THE EDGE UNDER THE M.F.?

Why not just the EDGE B.P.??

Meghan
08-31-2006, 07:34 AM
I have been using a lambswool leveling pad under a mf bonnet but I just changed to the edge buffing pads and I need to know which pad you would recommend to use under the mf bonnet with this set up. Thanking you in advance!!
I always use the softess pad I have available, whether it's LC pads or Edge. Not really a big deal either way.

dinkydow
08-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Hey Bill, I am sorry I don't follow what you said. "why not just the edge B.P."

Meghan
08-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey Bill, I am sorry I don't follow what you said. "why not just the edge B.P."
Edge system does not use backing plates.

dinkydow
08-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks Meghan, I couldn't figure out what B.P. meant. I guess I can forget about my 2 new lambswool, right?