PDA

View Full Version : WOW! what a OTC find!

Pages : [1] 2 3

drastic_detail
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I went to my local pep boys today only to discover that they now carry the whole surf city line! What a surprise! Another reason for me to spend more money. So I picked up some clearly better glass cleaner and some dash away! Anyone ever use these two? Any good?

mrGolfRider
04-27-2009, 01:41 PM
thats interesting, it must be a geographical thing, our Pep Boys does not carry Surf City at all

drastic_detail
04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
thats interesting, it must be a geographical thing, our Pep Boys does not carry Surf City at all

They just started a week ago. So maybe its on its way towards you!

drastic_detail
04-27-2009, 02:32 PM

They just started a week ago. So maybe its on its way towards you!

Largebore
04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
How do the prices at Pep Boys compare with those here ?

dublifecrisis
04-27-2009, 02:49 PM
I read this recently re: pepboys carrying the SC stuff. Our Advanced has been carrying it a while and the only thing I picked up so far was the grime destroyer. it's fantastic. I think the other better 2 products that people rave about are the 2 you picked up. A little pricey as everything seems to be in the 10-12$ range but I guess that's comparable to other higher end spray products.

Let us know what you think of them!

termigator
04-27-2009, 03:04 PM
I think they're working their way to various regions of the country slowly. The Pep Boys and Advanced Auto stores sell them here (Although, for some reason, the Advanced closest to me doesn't carry them), but Autozone doesn't carry them, even though they're listed as a vendor on the Surf City website. It's probably a territory thing. No big deal to me, as long as I can get it locally. I already picked up Barrier Reef Wax and the Nano Seal package.:)

wytstang
04-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Anyone ever use these two? Any good?
I use there glass cleaner, has yet to streak on me. Cleans very well.

Meghan
04-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Advance by my house has had it for awhile now, they are moving toward national distribution on that line.

waltj2k
04-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Pep Boys does have an impressive line of detailing products. I was just there yesterday. Full NXT line, Mothers Beige bottle line, Stoners glass cleaner, even Aquapel. Microfiber towels galore. There were other goodies there too. You can get a car looking pretty good with a trip to Pep Boys.

I've also discovered a Car Quest that carries the full DuraGloss line.

ScottB
04-27-2009, 04:23 PM
I was surprised as it did not seem to sell/move well initially, but several liked the glass cleaner, and detailing sprays.

Brian_Brice
04-27-2009, 04:55 PM
My favorite glass cleaner, and dash away is amazingly multi tasked, its great of dashboards, and makes quick work of stains as well, I was suprised by this product.

Harleyguy
04-27-2009, 05:05 PM
After DF i bought Megs nxt glass cleaner in my opinion it is as good or better then Stoners IG cleaner and i have both .Also picked up there interior detailer also a great product and for the price figured i would try both.

Bunky
04-27-2009, 07:32 PM
After DF i bought Megs nxt glass cleaner in my opinion it is as good or better then Stoners IG cleaner and i have both .Also picked up there interior detailer also a great product and for the price figured i would try both.

I think what I do not like about stoner's most is the sprayer itself. It seems to clean ok but the spray pattern seems be less fine as others so when it hits more vertical glass it immediately runs down the glass rather than a scatter pattern.

For example, Surf City seems to wet the surface more evenly and stay so it is easier to spread.

HopetonBrown
04-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Pep Boys does have an impressive line of detailing products. I was just there yesterday. Full NXT line, Mothers Beige bottle line, Stoners glass cleaner, even Aquapel. Microfiber towels galore. There were other goodies there too. You can get a car looking pretty good with a trip to Pep Boys.

I've also discovered a Car Quest that carries the full DuraGloss line.

I have never seen a microfiber towel in a store that comes close to the ones here at autogeek, or it's brethren/competition. The stuff you find at Mal-Wart and Kragen are all well and good, but it's more fun for me to try and use the unique, boutique brands.

I have the worlds greatest detailing outlet, right here in my apartment! All thanks to Al Gore; the internet. They even do deliveries!