PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst way you have seen a car cleaned?

Pages : [1] 2 3

So.Cal.
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Friday night I stopped off to get gas. I figured I would clean the windshield while I waited. When I pulled in I was nose to nose with a new 6 series BMW Convertible, Black on black, black powder coated custom rims, A really sharp car minus the need of a washing. When I started to clean the windshield the driver of the car piped up with "Oh yeah I should do that do" He proceeds to take the bug scrubbing squeegee, clean only the middle of the windshield then starts scrubbing the hood.... I stood there in shock probably with my mouth open. He spot scrubbed the bugs, and then wet the whole hood, then started scrubbing the vert top. Finally he squeegees the middle of the windshield he cleaned then the whole hood.... I just finished mine and drove away shaking my head.

2old2change
04-27-2009, 12:33 PM
About the worst I've seen is at any local fund raiser were all the towels and rags etc are used over and over. If asked , I usually just donate to their cause and go on.:D

dublifecrisis
04-27-2009, 01:18 PM
I see this stuff all the time and I WANT to say something but in reality, we're the odd ones here right?

and here's just how obsessed we are:

This weekend, I was watching The Karate Kid (I know I know,). Miyagi made Daniel-san wash and wax all the cars on his lot remember? I watched Daniel-san and was like "oh!, ouch! ooof! no he didn't!!"

We need help! But dang a Black 6 series?!?!?

mrGolfRider
04-27-2009, 01:45 PM
So.Cal. I would have made a crazy ass face too...those would be they type of people I would hate to detail for, cause you know that when you get done detailing there car, the next week it would look like you never messed with detailing it all..all that hard work for nothing..

GXPWeasel
04-27-2009, 03:54 PM
I see this stuff all the time and I WANT to say something but in reality, we're the odd ones here right?

Unfortunately, we are the odd ones. I have found that very few people actually care about their cars. This still baffles me, because our cars are more than likely our 2nd. largest purchase/investment, behind our homes, and people just treat them like crap. Then again, there are a LOT of people that treat their house like crap too, so I shouldn't be surprised :(

ScottB
04-27-2009, 04:24 PM
brillo pad ... and it wasnt a Delorean either !

hondajake
04-27-2009, 05:27 PM
garage broom and dish soap I would have to say is the worst. Or those who get within centimeters of thier cars with the power washer....

BearValley
04-27-2009, 06:31 PM
So.Cal. I would have made a crazy ass face too...those would be they type of people I would hate to detail for, cause you know that when you get done detailing there car, the next week it would look like you never messed with detailing it all..all that hard work for nothing..
Uh...no. That's not what we are like at all, not even close.

:cheers:

We have a tunnel wash here that has two guys using long handled scrub brushes to wash cars as they roll through!

Eruptiv
04-27-2009, 08:26 PM
I love to see the neighbors break out the dirty mop bucket and dish soap.NOT! But I am sneared at because my car is spotless and shiny and not polished with a brick.LOL

killrflake
04-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Aren't you suppose to use Comet sink cleaner to get stains out of your paint? Gee, my bad.

bunyz06rabbitt
04-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Saw an article in this Sunday's paper about a kid who washed mommy and daddies car...with the green side of a pot scubber sponge. I think most of us could've done a correction but as was said earlier, people think we're weird cuz we like our cars spotless. And the sponsors of the article weren't much help either as they said to live with it or repaint the car.

sinister1
04-28-2009, 08:00 AM
Saw someone try spraying bleach on fenders in the hopes it would take the tar off.

08 300C
04-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Geez, I thought my neighbor (Lawyer) Washing her Black Nissan with a Sponge Mop and Bucket was bad, I was even going to take a Pic and share it with the Forum, but you all have me beat. OUCH!

And you should hear them all Laugh at me when I break out the DynaJet Wringer:D

Showroom Shine
04-29-2009, 09:11 AM
I was at an IBA, (in bay automatic) I use to spray mud out of my wheel wells. In the next bay, this guy had a pickup with a lift kit covered in mud. He used the brush, and left mud all over the bay. Only good thing he did was he used the wand to rinse the brush out. Before I left a lady came in and had the brush on her Black G6. I told her what had just been done with the brush,and she said it would be OK! I gave her my card!

Junebug
04-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Rain - that's right, I asked a girl how she washes her car and that's the answer I got.