PDA

View Full Version : Will the new Opt Finish clean up 105??

pricha00
04-26-2009, 09:01 PM
I would really like to avoid a three step process if I can so my question is whether or not the new Optimum Finish is aggressive enough to clean up the purple Megs foam pad with 105 or should I perhaps stick to the yellow Megs pad? Both of these products are new to me, thanks Meghan for your help on my order, but I have been using the OP and OC combination for a couple of years now and I do like their line because of the long working time and the lack of dusting. I am working on an 06 Rav4 that is daily driven by my wife and detailed by me. Still looks good but gettng lots of scratches from parking lots and kids. I love the black when its nice but keeping that way is becoming a real challenge. I will be using the Makita rotary for this.

Pat.

drastic_detail
04-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Haven't tried the new opt finish yet. You say you get no dust from OC? I used it this weekend and it defently had some dusting

pricha00
04-26-2009, 11:02 PM
I usually notice little to no dusting with either OP or OC. I am using foam and keeping the speeds down. Its not a race for me since its my own vehicle. Maybe increased temps are causing the dusting?

Pat.

Bert31
04-27-2009, 01:19 PM
It may be a little too much to ask a finish polish to clean up after 105. That just seems like too big of a step down. Curious to see what others have to say.

pricha00
04-27-2009, 04:52 PM
It may be a little too much to ask a finish polish to clean up after 105. That just seems like too big of a step down. Curious to see what others have to say.

Bert is that comment directed at both OP and the new Optimum Finish or just the finish polish? Isn't the recommended 205 similar to OP in its description?

Pat.

Derrick
04-27-2009, 05:46 PM
It might work. 105 finishes so nicely all that is needed is a finishing polish. To me Optimum Finishing polish has more cut than 3M Ultrafina, so it might work.

Derrick

akimel
04-27-2009, 07:51 PM
I have had problems finishing down on my Honda with M205 with my Flex, though not with my G110. Finish Polish was recommended to me as a substitute for M205. I have not yet tried it, however.

Bert31
04-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Bert is that comment directed at both OP and the new Optimum Finish or just the finish polish? Isn't the recommended 205 similar to OP in its description?

Pat.

I would think Optimum Polish would be able to clean up after M105 on 95% or more of paints out there.