PDA

View Full Version : New DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss review

ricka
04-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Meghan was kind enough to send me a bottle of the new product (formerly DP 4-1) to test out. Here are the findings compared to my beloved ONR. By the way I am a rinseless geek and haven't used a hose in over a year.

Concentration. Much improved over the former 4-1 chemistry. Only need half as much as before. Nice.

Lubricity. Again, a big improvement over the previous batch. Might even have more than ONR. Went smoothly over the paint with a grout sponge and easily rinsed out too. Nice clay lube too.

Washing ability. Worked wonderfully. Compared directly with ONR on typical soiled paint and cleaned just as nice. Also worked well on wiping down wheels.

Scent. MUCH BETTER than the kind of medicinal ONR. Smells like bubble gum. Good enough to drink :drool: But don't.

Shine. As good as ONR. Leaves the paint equally slick.

All in all an excellent product and a worthy (maybe better?) competitor to the ONR. Boy I love competition.

Only disappointment is I didn't pull the trigger on their BOGO before it was taken off. ;(

Congrats--Autogeek and DP come up with a winner. I think you diehard ONR folks will be pleasantly surprised. And right now its on sale--about $5 less than the ONR 128 oz size. Good times.

Meghan
04-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Nice review Rick, thanks for sharing your info with us. I will say this again, DP line is the most under estimated line! This is one of my favorite lines to work with.

elk42
04-28-2009, 11:09 AM
maybe it can come back to the BOGO? Meghan? Dear?

ricka
04-28-2009, 11:13 AM
that would be a big +1

Meghan
04-28-2009, 11:18 AM
maybe it can come back to the BOGO? Meghan? Dear?
Boys you guys sure know how to talk a girl huh?! :D
I do not know if I can get it back this fast since it just went off, but I will talk with the big guy and see what we can do for the future.

elk42
04-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Boys you guys sure know how to talk a girl huh?! :D
I do not know if I can get it back this fast since it just went off, but I will talk with the big guy and see what we can do for the future.
my smile has "won" from time to time. :}

nosbusa
05-02-2009, 12:24 AM
DP works very well.

I also mixed up some as a QD, and mixed in a little OID for extra gloss. It did a great job as a QD.

benzer77
10-12-2010, 10:12 AM
DP works very well.

I also mixed up some as a QD, and mixed in a little OID for extra gloss. It did a great job as a QD.

What's OID?

Thanks!

Bunky
10-12-2010, 10:31 AM
What's OID?

Thanks!

Optimum Instant Detailer.

FinalTouchAuto
10-12-2010, 12:43 PM
I picked up two of them on the last BOGO and so far have only used it for Clay Lube (worked amazingly well for such a small amount of product used).

I'll have to try it out as a rinseless wash this weekend.

CEE DOG
10-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Rick, Thanks for taking the time to review the product and share it with us. :dblthumb2:

AndrewBall
10-13-2010, 01:54 PM
I got mine in the BUCKET special and I must second everything this man said. Had i realized there was a need for a review i would have written one sooner.

I just got back from a 1,600 mile road rally and I had 2 - 32oz bottles with me of DP RWG and one sprayer mixed. I sold a bottle to the one guy who after having me rinse his car off one morning he loved the stuff. and bought a bottle of me on the spot. Out of 15 cars. 8 of the guys tried it and loved it. They all said they were likely going to order some. Now these aren't detailers they are just car enthusiasts so they have no product comparison but it did the job for their cars and was the right price.

So say thank you AG!

it is a great product. I will be buying more for sure. I use it in different dilutions as a Rinseless Wash, Clay lube and Quick Detail. I just have different hand sprayers for the different dilutions. It works great!

Did I mention it smells like bubble gum. Who doesnt want their car to smell like bubble gum.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-13-2010, 04:22 PM
I picked up two of them on the last BOGO and so far have only used it for Clay Lube (worked amazingly well for such a small amount of product used).

Did you use 1 or 1.5 ounces per 32 ounces of water?