PDA

View Full Version : help im "comp-poli" drunk....

mobiledr.detail313
04-25-2009, 11:25 PM
:cheers:Ok i searched and searched and did i say search? looking to upgrade my compounds and polishes from the bulk supplies i get here in detroit michigan (still order autogeek products) im looking to add 3 or maybe 4 ploish/compound products to my arsenal, to give you a idea of what im working with i have a makita rotary and cyclo polisher my pads consist off: 4in cyclo pads; ccs 4in spot buffs ; ccs 5 1/2 pads ; 3m 8 in black and white pads; edge 8in blue yellow white green pads (have used wool in the past but threw em away as i found i did better correction with foam yeah i know i should probably have some but until someone can direct me to a GOOD wool pad then i will get some although i see good reviews on the purple foam wool) the types of cars i work on are mostly daily drivers although i do have a lot of clients with "medium high end cars...lol" bmw 750 benz 550 corvettes escalades, i dont do a lot of 8+ hours corrections because most of my clients are "make it shiny types" but i would like the option of having some high end polishes for when that time comes.

So ive came up with these or you can help suggets a good combo :

meguiars: 105 205??

optimum : hyper compound, compound 2, polish 2, finish polish ?

3m: perfect it rubbing compound, ultrafine polish ?

menzerna: power gloss,sip,intensive polish,micro,super finish nano?

should i mix n match? say 105 sip and intensive polish

hope this isnt a confusing post cause it was for me searching on the perfect 3 or 4 must have polish/compounds:confused:

HELP i wanna place a order next week

mobiledr.detail313
04-26-2009, 10:00 AM
50+ views no reply??? well ill try and figure out a combo myself , im no newb just never used none of those products

ScottB
04-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I offer Menzerna SIP and Nano or 085rd several hundred times monthly on other forums, and each time it comes back to me in thanks and praise. They work well, easy to use even with beginners, and finish out so darn nice.

My combo is orange pad SIP / White pad SIP / and finishing pad (blue, red, or grey) with Nano or 085rd.

redg35
04-26-2009, 05:36 PM
M105 for the nasty stuff,Menzerna sip and 106ff for the rest.

nrengle
04-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Can't go wrong with the Menzerna stuff. SIP, 106FF (NANO), and 85RD are the three mains you'll need. And that'll cover a lot of bases. Ultrafina I've read is comparable to 85RD but I've never used it so can't say.

If you need anything more aggressive than SIP, then I'd go with the Meg's 105.

nitro78
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM
I agree with nrengle. Those would be my big four.