PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use an outdoor canopy?

grambow
04-25-2009, 09:24 PM
I am thinking about purchasing an outdoor canopy to provide extra shade while detailing in my driveway this summer. Wondering if anyone has experience/recommendations on size, brand, etc. Thanks!

ss-truck
04-25-2009, 09:47 PM
I have a 10'x10' easy up tent and I like it . It offers no shade for the sides but does help on the hood, roof and deck .

renegademobiledetailing
04-25-2009, 09:56 PM
I was actually looking at the same thing. I looked online at wal-mart and i saw a 10x15 for a little under 200.

I remember about a year or so ago i used a 10x10 ez up. I found it did help out with keeping the roof and hood cooled off. But I also found it a pain with bigger vehicles and SUV's. Now i am looking to get something a bit bigger like the 10x15 and maybe put one of those side shade things on.

ScottB
04-26-2009, 11:00 AM
I really like this idea and have been searching around for one. I typed the words discount and tent (or canopy) into google and found alot of deals.

TMD
04-27-2009, 03:22 PM
We got ours through Caravan Canopies...based out of California. It's a 10 x 15 collapsible with an aluminum frame. We put out name and number on all four sides and walked away close to a grand lighter.

Although it seems expensive, after a year it still looks new. And with the two sides it's invaluable in the Summer...and rain and snow.