PDA

View Full Version : apply wax by hand?

smokin' mark
04-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Yet another question for the Masters. Do you apply wax by hand? I tried it today with Souveran. Put about a nickle size piece in my palm and rubbed my hands together until it was warm. I have to admit the finish was different! What are your thoughts?

loudog2
04-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Never tried it by hand. Applicator yes, bare hands no. Souveran is one of the easiest by applicator. Wipe on wipe off. I think it would take longer by bare hands.

Rsurfer
04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Yet another question for the Masters. Do you apply wax by hand? I tried it today with Souveran. Put about a nickle size piece in my palm and rubbed my hands together until it was warm. I have to admit the finish was different! What are your thoughts?
So what was the difference, besides your hands getting oily?

smokin' mark
04-25-2009, 08:52 PM
It seems to be "richer" and "deeper"...definitely not the same "shine". I don't know, maybe it's just me. I was just asking. I got the idea from watching Miracle Detail on YouTube.

Rsurfer
04-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Hey Mark, if it looks richer and deeper to you by all means continue to apply that way. If your happy with the out come, that's all that matters.

smokin' mark
04-25-2009, 10:24 PM
I appreciate that very much. I know I'm just an amateur weekend warrior, but that doesn't mean I don't do good work or that I'm dense in the head. I'm always willing to listen and try unconventional techniques.

rs2k2k2
04-25-2009, 10:49 PM
ive heard that the warmth from you hand keeps the harder waxes easier to apply, plus you can literally feel any dirt, i myself find the pc makes getting a spread very easy

sciontest
04-26-2009, 06:47 AM
i'm going to have to try it one day when i'm bord

HMFIC
04-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Ever since I saw the worlds most expensive car detail I have wanted to try it, but have yet to do so. I would think you would use less product since your hands are not very absorbent.

ScottB
04-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Zymol was my first wax that suggested hand application and I did it once. Did not find it to my personal liking and went back to foam applicator. Did make my hands bead water well for several showers however.