PDA

View Full Version : Winter Storage

LichtS
04-24-2009, 08:46 AM
So I pulled out all of my polishes/compounds yesterday. I stored them in the garage over the winter and I'm worried they might be damaged. Should I test the products? How do I know if they were ruined? Thanks in advance!!

Steve

Emile
04-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Is your garage heated? If they were stored at room temperature, then they should be fine. If they were stored in a cold garage, put them in one of the rooms in your home at room temp for a day or two so they can loosen up again, then give them a good shake and they should be good to go.

GXPWeasel
04-24-2009, 11:52 AM
I have made the mistake of ruining several products b/c I left them in the garage once, and they froze. They never worked the same afterwards. :(
Hopefully yours will be fine.

crash93ssei
04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Some products may separate when frozen, but when brought back to room temp you can shake them good for a few minutes and they will still be good. Other products will be destroyed.

About all you can do to be 100% sure is try it on a test area or old hood / fender if you have access to one.

I live in Michigan also and just took over a spot in our closet for all of my supplies for the winter :)