PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion - Can it be applied in direct sunlight?

Pages : [1] 2

alowe
04-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Normally applied in shade or bay. I am putting a coat on a buddies newly polished m3. Can it be done in sunlight since it is a WOWO? It will be in the low 70's today with little humidity?

Thanks

A

dublifecrisis
04-24-2009, 08:13 AM
if that's your only option sure, but do one panal at a time. I've never used fuzion but I would guess it would be ok just a little tougher to take off.

Careful not to induce more swirls/marring while you're doing this. Maybe spritz the panel or your MF towel with some QD to soften up the wax while removing.

alowe
04-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Well I did the whole car along with my GTI. One panel at a time was fine. I had a laser temp gauge and the hood and roof was about 115, his was black. Mine was ~95, United Grey. Was not a problem doing one panel at a time. Half the hood and roof was ideal. Looks great with DGPS under it.

RaskyR1
04-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Mike phillips said it very well in his Car Care 101 class. Even though some of the products out there say that they can be used in full sun, they will always work better in the shade. ;)

HMFIC
04-24-2009, 01:41 PM
I did one coat in shade and the 2nd in direct sun on hot paint. Both applications when smooth as Fuzion is sex in a bottle, or would it be called a can.

Matt S.
04-24-2009, 02:09 PM
It can be used in direct sunlight, but you might get some slight streaking. I've used it in direct sunlight with no problems, but never in July on a black car so I don't want to make any promises. ;)

Wendell Jarvis
04-24-2009, 03:47 PM
On the subject of Fuzion I got in on the 2 for $100.00 frozen Fuzion....today was the first time I used it on a Jaguar.....I noticed is was streaky and extremely oily........so I backed off and went to the Souveran.......is this normal? or should I melt the tub completely down and mix it up?

Rsurfer
04-24-2009, 09:30 PM
On the subject of Fuzion I got in on the 2 for $100.00 frozen Fuzion....today was the first time I used it on a Jaguar.....I noticed is was streaky and extremely oily........so I backed off and went to the Souveran.......is this normal? or should I melt the tub completely down and mix it up?
You are using too much. How many coats of wax does your paint have now? And when was the last time you applied a coat of wax? If your present wax is not cured then the new Fuzion with the solvents will dissolve the previous layer and start streaking. Less is better.

Wendell Jarvis
04-24-2009, 11:55 PM
You are using too much. How many coats of wax does your paint have now? And when was the last time you applied a coat of wax? If your present wax is not cured then the new Fuzion with the solvents will dissolve the previous layer and start streaking. Less is better.
That was my thought too (using too much, but I barely scraped the applicator maybe twice before I applied it)

Rsurfer
04-25-2009, 12:41 AM
That was my thought too (using too much, but I barely scraped the applicator maybe twice before I applied it)
Did the top seem extra oily? It doesn't seem that when it got frozen that the oils would separate from the wax. Dunno. It sounds like you were only applying the oils to your paint, hence the streaking. It seems logical to heat it and try to get it to all blend together. I have Fuzion, but not the frozen special and it spreads and wipes off like butter with no streaks left behind.

Wendell Jarvis
04-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Did the top seem extra oily? It doesn't seem that when it got frozen that the oils would separate from the wax. Dunno. It sounds like you were only applying the oils to your paint, hence the streaking. It seems logical to heat it and try to get it to all blend together. I have Fuzion, but not the frozen special and it spreads and wipes off like butter with no streaks left behind.
Yep, it was oily...........my next plan is to heat it up..........kind afraid to nuke it.........afraid to boil it, hair dryer is only blowing cold air........lol.......any suggestions? besides buying a new hair dryer...lol......

Rsurfer
04-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Yep, it was oily...........my next plan is to heat it up..........kind afraid to nuke it.........afraid to boil it, hair dryer is only blowing cold air........lol.......any suggestions? besides buying a new hair dryer...lol......Use a double broiler and steam it. I've nuked waxes before on low with no issues. If you do use a hair dryer, don't heat the wax directly on high. Once it starts melting you will have liquid wax all over the place from the force of the air.

Streetlife
04-25-2009, 10:58 AM
I received the 2 for $100 special for my birthday. My question is, is it best to wipe it down and let it sit (haze) for about 45 minutes to an hour, or is it better to WOWO? I know that ## Pete's 53 is a WOWO type of wax. I just want to make sure i'm getting the most out of every application with Wolfgang Fuzion. I prefer to apply in the shade (garage).:buffing:

Wendell Jarvis
04-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Use a double broiler and steam it. I've nuked waxes before on low with no issues. If you do use a hair dryer, don't heat the wax directly on high. Once it starts melting you will have liquid wax all over the place from the force of the air.

Surfer...thanks man.....great idea on the double boiler...worked like a charm, I went ahead and did both tubs (not at the same time) allowed them to harden..and wham o.....like a bad boy I applied to my car and gosh, no wonder this stuff is so highly regarded....its looks incredible and no streaking this time, again thanks for that advice...oh also while the Fuzion was cooking I amde a couple of Buritos too..........lol......see ya

Rsurfer
04-25-2009, 04:03 PM
I received the 2 for $100 special for my birthday. My question is, is it best to wipe it down and let it sit (haze) for about 45 minutes to an hour, or is it better to WOWO? I know that ## Pete's 53 is a WOWO type of wax. I just want to make sure i'm getting the most out of every application with Wolfgang Fuzion. I prefer to apply in the shade (garage).:buffing:Fuzion is a WOWO, but you can do the hood, top and trunk and come back to the hood and wipe off with no issues.