PDA

View Full Version : Undercarriage Spray

Pages : [1] 2

jake66
04-23-2009, 09:02 AM
BIL was detailing the underside of his '65 Chevy Impala Conv. and was using Undercarriage Spray from Griot's. This stuff did a grat job and smelled great too. I mentioned that Adams and ## sells this stuff too. Does AG have a comparable product and what would you guys use? This was all done in the shop up on the lift.

WindyCity
04-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Griots undercarrage spray is going to be a hard product to beat. Most of the other sprays dont have the sweet scent that griots has. I must say that I am hooked on the stuff since i love the smell and my customers always say that they like the smell too.

This is the only product I actually use from him since I am hooked on autogeek!

ObsessiveAutoDetail
04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I use Meguiar's Hyper Dressing cut 3:1. Looks great, water based and has good longevity. I put it in a garden sprayer so I can apply it in wheel wells and under carriage.

trlblazer3
04-23-2009, 11:06 AM
:whs:

Meg's is good stuff and a tremendous value to boot. You might want to check it out.

Jimmie
04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
I've been hinting for a long time that I'd like to see AG develop or carry an undercarriage spray. It's one product that I must get elsewhere. They are nice to use.

Bunky
04-23-2009, 11:57 AM
I have used Adam's version and PB Bold n Bright. Armor All Tire Foam seems fine too but I do plan to try the Meg's HD.

jake66
04-23-2009, 01:19 PM
I usually use a cheap tire shine for the wheel wells on a DD or normal detail, but for preparing a car for a classic show or convention or for potential sale, it is nice to use the undercarriage spray. It has good longevity too. I thought of Megs hyper dressing, but was thinking too of the all-seaason dressing. Do they make this anymore?

We were doing the entire undercarriage - paint touch-up, polish entire exhaust, etc. These are garage queens and don't get out much or off the "paved road".

ScottB
04-23-2009, 06:27 PM
I think there is alot of potential for an undercarriage protectant in the DP line. Hopefully the powers that be are listening !

nrengle
04-23-2009, 09:08 PM
I love the Adams stuff. I picked up a gallon, and have since used a lot of it, cause it's kinda crack-tastic!

Showroom Shine
04-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Bar Bones is a very good undercarriage spray. Durable and long lasting. By Chemical Guys!

rs2k2k2
04-23-2009, 10:44 PM
i use the megs, for the money its great, what a difference doing the wheel wells makes..

belcherm58
09-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Bar Bones is a very good undercarriage spray. Durable and long lasting. By Chemical Guys!

Meguairs All Season Dressing gives the same results as the Bare Bones and you can get 10 percent off at AG and the shipping is cheaper and if you on the east coast as I am, you get it much faster. I have been considering trying the Meguairs Hyper Dressing to see how long it last. If I could cut it 50/50 and it last a little, I could save a little money. I have both the Meg All Season and the Chem Guys Bare Bones. Cannot tell a difference between them. I do like ordering from AG better.
It takes 3 days from AG to Ky and 5 days from Chem Guys. I love doing my part for the AG family too. I have ordered a lot of stuff over the years from Chem Guys. I don't know the name of one person there. I know almost everyone at AG and
they treat me like royalty.

:wave:

Buckskincolt
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Am I missing something? Griot's Garage Undercarriage Spray, Griots Garage Undercarriage Detailer, Underbody spray (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-undercarriage-spray.html) You can get the Griot's right here @ AGO, take advantage of the GREAT customer service, discounts, sales, and free shipping when it applies. It doesn't get any better than that!:dblthumb2:

detail viking
09-10-2009, 09:46 PM
When this was first posted, Autogeek was not selling the Griots line.

belcherm58
09-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Griots undercarrage spray is going to be a hard product to beat. Most of the other sprays dont have the sweet scent that griots has. I must say that I am hooked on the stuff since i love the smell and my customers always say that they like the smell too.

This is the only product I actually use from him since I am hooked on autogeek!

I have not used the Griots Undercarriage Spray. Have you ever used Meguairs All Season Dressing. I would say it is about the same make up as the Griots and is 10 bucks cheaper for a gallon. The Meguairs last very well too. :props: