PDA

View Full Version : metallic flake

Pages : [1] 2

Rapidity
08-30-2006, 08:31 AM
What is everyone's favorite wax for showing off the flake in their paint? And don't name any waxes over $30 ;)

Seems like a lot of things tend to mute the flake.

Sn95nik
08-30-2006, 09:31 AM
I was impressed with the new DP sealant's ability to make metallic flake pop. I won some in the contest, and just had a chance to finally try it out. I hope to be able to post a review tonight, with :Picture:

bluzman
08-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Wolfgang Deep gloss paint sealant, regular nattys, pinnacle souveran in liquid!!

aceshigh73
08-30-2006, 10:02 AM
When I just had EX-P on my dark blue car my 10-yr old niece came up to it and was amazed as to the "sparkle" of the paint.... Id say there was very little muting going on...
I know you said "wax".. but I think its the sealants that do the "popping"....

Rapidity
08-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Wolfgang Deep gloss paint sealant, regular nattys, pinnacle souveran in liquid!!

I have WG sealant and I think it mutes the flake. I mean you can still see it, but it's just not shining.

Actually on the car now:

2 layers of WG sealant about a day apart.
2 weeks later a layer of #26 paste

The #26 REALLY made the flake pop out. WG sealant didn't do this or at least didn't do it anywhere near what #26 did it. I still think there is plenty of room to improve on #26 though.

Kelso
08-30-2006, 10:36 AM
i detailed a friends e46 m3 in titanium silver metallic and the ex-p made the flakes show good

FloridaNative
08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
if you specifically want a wax then I would go with Max Wax or signature series II.

ScottB
08-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Nattys Blue, CC Hardcore XXX, Max Wax, Pink Wax .... those would be my sub 30.00 choices in no particular order or preference.

supercharged
08-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Nattys Blue, CC Hardcore XXX, Max Wax, Pink Wax .... those would be my sub 30.00 choices in no particular order or preference.
I personally did not like Pink Wax. I'm happy it was only a sample. It has a very strong solvent smell. Matter of fact this was THE strongest solvent smelling wax I tried up to date. I would not get any more of it. I did not their Top Kote interior protectant (has a nice mint smell, kinda like DP Xtreme foam formula shampoo), and I like 425. Everything else did not impress me much.

Ridebyshootings
08-30-2006, 08:13 PM
I really like pinnacle souvwern paste as well as the XMT glaze for my Nomad. It has some metalflake as well as candy ghost flames on it. Andrew

Reddwarf
08-30-2006, 09:08 PM
I waxed my sister in law's Lexus with DP Max Wax. It's a white color with metallic flakes. The DP Max Wax was great!

Rapidity
08-30-2006, 10:03 PM
I really like pinnacle souvwern paste as well as the XMT glaze for my Nomad. It has some metalflake as well as candy ghost flames on it. Andrew

Cool point me to the $30 souveran Im the MAN

So max wax seems to be on everyone's list. I had not seen many people mention that until recently. I might have to check that out. I read a bit about pink wax on another site and everyone said it was great. lol Dunno... Interested in the 425 though, might pick some of that up when my mothers QD runs out.

Driven Auto Detail
08-31-2006, 06:19 AM
Max Wax is awesome! I have never used Souveran so I can't compare, but Max Wax is by far the easiest wax I've ever used. Goes on and comes off like butter. Plus, it makes my paint look awesome.

My vote is for Max Wax!

ScottB
08-31-2006, 06:20 AM

I will show you a heck of a deal however. Pickup the Sizzling Souveran kit (http://www.pinnaclewax.com/carcarekits.html)this afternoon at www.pinnaclewax.com . Now add in the 15% off discount code. And remember free shipping on anything over 75.00.

SO:

99.99 ---- (15.00 discount) ---- (9.95 effective savings on shipping) = Souveran Paste, Crystal Mist, and Pinnacle Wash (priceless)

And if you want to skimp a little, the Sig Series II kit is 79.99 before discount and same deals apply. Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

FloridaNative
08-31-2006, 07:26 AM

So max wax seems to be on everyone's list. I had not seen many people mention that until recently. I might have to check that out.

Max Wax has always been a great wax, but I think you can thank that DP sale we had a month ago for the recent interest in it. With it being on sale alot of people bought it to try it out and found out how great it really is! Actually the entire DP line is like that. It has to be one of the most underrated product lines out there. And then when someone tries it they are always blown away by how good it is. DP rocks! :righton: