PDA

View Full Version : Arctic White Benz

buckeyewalt
04-22-2009, 12:04 AM
This is my first post, and hopefully I will learn something. I don't know how you guys see thee difference between different waxes and polishes, but I guess there is,,,however I can tell a good shine when I see it,,,and there is my question: I did all of the searching on white cars,,,white paint,,,and almost anything white on this board. The different waxes and polishes for a vehicle is staggering. So from a "rookies" perspective,,,This is what I have picked out.....If you guys see something wong,,,correct me...::

Poor Boys White Diamond Glaze
DODO Juice Diamond White
Opti-Seal

Reading as much as I could,,you apply the glaze first,,followed by the juice, and then the seal. I did look at the Pinnacle Sig. Series II,,,but I went with the Juice because it said "white"....maybe I am wrong on this,, that is why I am asking you guys!!! If there are any other products that would look good on white, or make it wetter,,,I'm all ears!!

Thanks for the help.......!!

Spoons2k
04-22-2009, 01:28 AM
This is my first post, and hopefully I will learn something. I don't know how you guys see thee difference between different waxes and polishes, but I guess there is,,,however I can tell a good shine when I see it,,,and there is my question: I did all of the searching on white cars,,,white paint,,,and almost anything white on this board. The different waxes and polishes for a vehicle is staggering. So from a "rookies" perspective,,,This is what I have picked out.....If you guys see something wong,,,correct me...::

Poor Boys White Diamond Glaze
DODO Juice Diamond White
Opti-Seal

Reading as much as I could,,you apply the glaze first,,followed by the juice, and then the seal. I did look at the Pinnacle Sig. Series II,,,but I went with the Juice because it said "white"....maybe I am wrong on this,, that is why I am asking you guys!!! If there are any other products that would look good on white, or make it wetter,,,I'm all ears!!

Thanks for the help.......!!

Thats ok you have a decent list but id recomend Menerza P0115 as the finishing touch glaze if your going to use a glaze followed by FMJ with dodo as a toper to get an even wetter look FMJ alone will make your paint look amazingly Crisp and wet ive never used opti -seal but it does seem intreaguing im going to look into it

I just detailed my S2000 thats white and the menerza products pulled threw yet again on a flawless finish

buckeyewalt
04-22-2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the reply;..........

What is FMJ.......tried a search,,,but nothing came up.

budman3
04-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the reply;..........

What is FMJ.......tried a search,,,but nothing came up.

It is Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket sealant which isn't actually made by Menzerna. It is a tad expensive and durability hasn't been its strong point from many reviews.

I think your lineup is very solid. The only thing I might do differently is the Dodo and Opti-seal:

White Diamond
Opti-seal (let cure 12-24 h)
Dodo (let cure 12-24h)
Opti-seal

This may be a good idea to get the durability of the Opti-seal before you lay down the carnauba Dodo. You may even consider leaving out the Dodo altogether ... Opti-seal is a wipe on, walk away product (no wiping off!), easy to use, is fairly durable and most importantly, looks great on white. A carnauba wax with the Opti-seal won't hurt the finish but if you are on time constraints, it won't add all that much either.

And of course, polishing the paint properly with abrasives will yeild the best results before you start applying the glaze and waxes. It'll only look so good if there is micromarring and swirls left in the paint, but that is for a different thread.

FWIW, here is a white Trail Blazer that received Poorboy's Polish w/ Sealant (very similar to the White Diamond), topped with the Opti-seal:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/kmford8/trailblazer/HPIM1672.jpg

buckeyewalt
04-24-2009, 07:13 PM
It is Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket sealant which isn't actually made by Menzerna. It is a tad expensive and durability hasn't been its strong point from many reviews.

I think your lineup is very solid. The only thing I might do differently is the Dodo and Opti-seal:

White Diamond
Opti-seal (let cure 12-24 h)
Dodo (let cure 12-24h)
Opti-seal

This may be a good idea to get the durability of the Opti-seal before you lay down the carnauba Dodo. You may even consider leaving out the Dodo altogether ... Opti-seal is a wipe on, walk away product (no wiping off!), easy to use, is fairly durable and most importantly, looks great on white. A carnauba wax with the Opti-seal won't hurt the finish but if you are on time constraints, it won't add all that much either.

And of course, polishing the paint properly with abrasives will yeild the best results before you start applying the glaze and waxes. It'll only look so good if there is micromarring and swirls left in the paint, but that is for a different thread.

FWIW, here is a white Trail Blazer that received Poorboy's Polish w/ Sealant (very similar to the White Diamond), topped with the Opti-seal:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/kmford8/trailblazer/HPIM1672.jpg

Thanks for the help.......nice looking shine one the white vehicle...!!!

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
04-24-2009, 07:39 PM
You would do the glaze first (as a fair warning, a glaze will only hide defects, not get rid of them), then your sealant, then your nuba. After you top your car with the Dodo...you don't put another coat of sealant on it.

buckeyewalt
04-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks for clearing things up, and for the added information. Just a rookie here...and learning!!!!

budman3
04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
You would do the glaze first (as a fair warning, a glaze will only hide defects, not get rid of them), then your sealant, then your nuba. After you top your car with the Dodo...you don't put another coat of sealant on it.

Typically, yes after a wax you don't use a sealant. However, Opti-seal is a different animal and can be used before or after a wax or sealant. A unique and versatile product.

YoMike
04-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Polish with Poli-Seal, sealed with Opti-Seal.
My choice and I've tried them all!

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3861/3901/22151950051_large.jpg

loudog2
04-25-2009, 07:16 PM
souveran liquid looks pretty darn good on white. Plus, it's durbility is outsanding.

smokin' mark
04-25-2009, 09:01 PM
A pal of mine works at a local MB dealership. One of the coolest things I've seen was a graphite-white MB polished with Menzera, then PB white diamond, then Souveran paste, then Souveran liquid...truly amazing.

buckeyewalt
04-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the heads-up....if Menzera is a polish,,,and PB is a polish...what is the benefit???

buckeyewalt
04-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Polish with Poli-Seal, sealed with Opti-Seal.
My choice and I've tried them all!

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3861/3901/22151950051_large.jpg

:righton: