PDA

View Full Version : This polisher rocks

smokin' mark
04-21-2009, 06:42 PM
I got a Cyclo for my birthday. All I can say is WOW. I wondered why the speed wasn't adjustable but after the results I didn't care. Very easy to use even for an amateur simpleton like me!

:righton:

ScottB
04-21-2009, 06:49 PM
two heads are better than one ...well thats what Cyclo users tell me !

Shane527
04-21-2009, 08:32 PM
The Cyclo was my first polisher and it was an awesome machine, it gave me results that were just jaw dropping. Then I started hearing more and more about the Flex, did some shopping called Dwayne and a little while later the Flex was on it's way. I used the Flex over the weekend and the results are just that much better. I find it a lot easier to handle especially on the side panels and the variable speed is awesome. My Cyclo is 4 months old and I am afraid I will not use it very much. I love the Flex!

Speed-Dude
04-21-2009, 08:37 PM
your avatar freaks me out lol

Shane527
04-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Please don't take my post as a bash on the Cyclo, I think it is a great machine and they have been out there forever!

smokin' mark
04-21-2009, 09:07 PM
I've heard great things about Flex too! My car sits like one inch off the ground so I understand that Cyclo is a little awkward on low side panels. Mine uses the double edge pads. It has like ZERO vibration. Way cool!

killrflake
04-21-2009, 10:30 PM
This post reminds me of when I purchased my first PC machine. I had been using those big red buffers you can buy at Sears with those cloth pads that stretched over the edge of the machine. I never got very good results with that unit so when I bought the PC I thought I was in detailing nurvana. Since that first PC, I've added a second one along with a Flex 3401 and recently my first Makita rotary, which has allowed me to properly handle most any correction I run into. Still love my PCs though.Im the MAN

supercharged
04-21-2009, 11:38 PM
have you used any other polishers?

smokin' mark
04-22-2009, 12:30 PM
I have a rotary I bought from a body shop. I forget the brand. It works great but is very heavy. It's overkill for most stuff I do.