PDA

View Full Version : Old School Washing?

kovalchuk71
04-21-2009, 02:32 PM
I was wondering what you all do if you dont have a foam gun/cannon available to prep your car with. How do you go about foaming the car? Do you even do it?

BenzDetailer
04-21-2009, 06:42 PM
I use the four Bucket Method with either DP or Meg's Gold Class.

Emile
04-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Rinse the vehicle thoroughly, then use a bucket for your soap/water mixture. Use your sponge mitt to scrub the entire vehicle, and then rinse. Most of us who use a foam cannon still use a regular soap/water bucket to clean the mitt after one area of the vehicle has been scrubbed.

ScottB
04-21-2009, 06:54 PM
two bucket ... one soap and one rinse. Dump rinse at 1/2 way point and refill. Keep mitt on car and never on ground. Old school for 'sure.

kovalchuk71
04-21-2009, 07:59 PM
two bucket ... one soap and one rinse. Dump rinse at 1/2 way point and refill. Keep mitt on car and never on ground. Old school for 'sure.

Haha, exactly. Okay, that sounds good. I wasnt sure if you all had some magic way you pre foamed the car.

supercharged
04-21-2009, 11:44 PM
you gotta upgrade. And not even to a foam gun, but to a foam cannon...Once you try it, you won't go back.

macman3130
04-22-2009, 12:19 AM
:whs::goodpost: ive been drooling over the foam cannon still doing the bucket method but it works. im get a cannon one day real soon Im the MANIm the MANIm the MANIm the MANIm the MANIm the MANIm the MANIm the MAN

redboost10
04-22-2009, 02:21 AM
how does dg 902 work with a foam cannon? im thinking of picking one up.

supercharged
04-22-2009, 03:20 AM
:whs::goodpost: ive been drooling over the foam cannon still doing the bucket method but it works. im get a cannon one day real soon Im the MANIm the MANIm the MANIm the MANIm the MANIm the MANIm the MANIm the MAN
what keeps you waiting? Pick up Karcher pressure washer (you need that for foam cannon to work) and foam cannon. Foam cannon is around $75 USD shipped from UK (polishedbliss). I love it! Thick shaving cream!

how does dg 902 work with a foam cannon? im thinking of picking one up.

It should work very well. I used Citrus Wash Clear (Chemical Guys) in a foam cannon, Optimum, and HyperWash. Haven't got a chance to try out DG #902 in it yet, but I will!!!

macman3130
04-22-2009, 08:19 AM
:goodpost:i went to the website, and i dont have a karcher ive got a troy built gas 3500.... which attatchment will work for me? if one will?? ive found one on another website before and its like 130, so ive been waiting till the summer starts up, cause im a studnet and broke college kid at the moment but money is starting to trickle back in with the sun coming out :righton: and i just ordered my flex today :righton:Im the MANIm the MAN:awesome:

macman3130
04-22-2009, 08:39 AM
oh and what kind of soap do i need to use? is kit ok cause i have oh about 47 bottles of that

supercharged
04-22-2009, 01:24 PM
:goodpost:i went to the website, and i dont have a karcher ive got a troy built gas 3500.... which attatchment will work for me? if one will?? ive found one on another website before and its like 130, so ive been waiting till the summer starts up, cause im a studnet and broke college kid at the moment but money is starting to trickle back in with the sun coming out :righton: and i just ordered my flex today :righton:Im the MANIm the MAN:awesome:
you might need a special adapter for this, I'm not sure which one...
You have different options of soap. I like Citrus Wash Clear (chemical guys), Optimum, Duragloss #901/902. DP Xtreme foam formula however works the best, it's shaving cream!!!