PDA

View Full Version : What products should I use on my wheels?

rscott22
04-21-2009, 12:59 PM
What products are you guys using out there not to just clean your wheels but also wax them and keep the rims from going dull from washing over and over. Ive only ever used one product on my wheels is called AWESOME you can get it a Dollar General it removes all dirt and grim with ease but now I have my new 08 Lexus IS250 I am afraid it will remove the clear coat on the wheels? What products should I be useing on my wheels to keep them clean and shiney without dulling out?

Thanks,
Ryan

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-21-2009, 01:33 PM
I use P21S wheel gel, some people say its a little expensive. To me it is a very safe and strong wheel cleaner, also once you get your wheels throughly cleaned you will only really need to clean them with soap and water. I use Poorboys wheel sealant myself, others use other sealnts like Klaase, and DG.

rscott22
04-21-2009, 01:43 PM
so poor boys is what you use to seal the wheels from dulling out and does this make the wheels alot easier to clean?

loudog2
04-21-2009, 01:44 PM
I use P21S wheel gel, some people say its a little expensive. To me it is a very safe and strong wheel cleaner, also once you get your wheels throughly cleaned you will only really need to clean them with soap and water. I use Poorboys wheel sealant myself, others use other sealnts like Klaase, and DG.
:whs: P21 gel or regular, both are great for cleaning. I use jetseal 109 on my wheels. I don't like it as a paint sealant, at all! So I didn't want it to go to waste.

Harleyguy
04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
so poor boys is what you use to seal the wheels from dulling out and does this make the wheels alot easier to clean?After cleaning your wheels anything you put on them will make it easier to keep clean .Yes poorboys works fine if you don't have that at least coat with some form of wax untill you get a product you want to use wax is better then nothing

rscott22
04-21-2009, 02:11 PM
So could I use some NXT Genreation meguiars wax i have laying around on them then I alwys figured that waxing your wheels with car paint wax would make it worse sonsidering they are powdercoated not painted? But I dont know I guess ill try some of the NXT genration wax on my wheels when i get home.

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Its o.k. to wax your poweder coated wheels. I would use a sealant though do to the high heat from the brakes getting to the wheel. The wax you have is better than nothing till you pick up some sealant or if you clean your wheels about once a week I am sure the wax will work for you on a weekly bases.

Emile
04-21-2009, 03:50 PM
While I enjoy having a coat of wax or sealant on my wheels, I like my wheel cleaners even more. Unfortunately, most wheel cleaners will strip any wax on the wheels after one hit with a wheel cleaner.

So0o0o0, I love to use Optimum Car Wax! After washing my vehicle and thoroughly cleaning my wheels, I apply Optimum Car Wax..just spray on and buff with a towel, just like a quick detailer. It's quick and easy enough to use regularly and it gives the wheels a dope shine. Cheap too at only $35 a gallon or so.

By the way, many wheel cleaners out there aren't designed to dull your wheels. They often give the wheels a really nice shine. P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner is the safest choice, but I've never ever purchased a wheel cleaner that harms the finish, even after repeated use over the course of a couple of years.

jrc4ever
04-21-2009, 04:11 PM
I vote for the NXT Generation wax too!

nitro78
04-21-2009, 05:37 PM
i put three coats of z2 pro on my wheels and they are very slick. all i have to use now is soap and water and the brake dust just rinses away. also once a year i polish my clear coated wheels. this year i used the m105/m205 combo then followd up with the z2 pro.

drastic_detail
04-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Get you some duragloss all wheel cleaner than seal em up with duragloss 501. Works great and doesn't cost alot! After the 501 you'll only need some soap and water to clean em. Upkeep with duragloss aqua wax after washings.

ScottB
04-21-2009, 06:51 PM
P21S Wheel Cleaner, and Poorboys Wheel Sealant or DP Wheel Glaze.