View Full Version : Splitting paste wax

Hades02
04-21-2009, 08:31 AM
I am about to order DP Max Wax and am going to trade
samples. Any ideas how to get this out of the can
so that it can be sliced into discs?

TLMitchell
04-21-2009, 11:23 AM
I am about to order DP Max Wax and am going to trade samples. Any ideas how to get this out of the can so that it can be sliced into discs?

Depends on how hard the wax is. I attempted to get some 915 out of the tin in order to spread it on a pad for machine application. It comes with a paint-can style lid so I took a heated, sharp blade and stuck it in til it hit bottom and scribed around the circumference of the tin opening. Pulled a hockey puck of wax out.

All for naught.... 915 is hard and I ended up with quite a few crumblies around the edges resulting in product loss. It doesn't spread well by machine either. You mileage may vary...

TL

supercharged
04-21-2009, 11:27 PM
what's the point of ordering a wax, and then splitting and trading it away. If you only want a little bit of that wax, not planning to keep it in your collection, why not ask other members for samples...If you are planning to keep it, it's a different story.

Hades02
04-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Hi Supercharged,
I have asked before with no luck. I am new to this and don't want to spend alot of money trying stuff that doesn't work for me. I did have
luck trading samples and I know that there are other members that want
to try different waxes and not spend a ton just to try them. Now if you are volunteering to help me out that would be great. Only looking for enough to do half to 1 whole panel to test stuff out. I am willing to pay for shipping. Mostly looking to try washes, polishes, and sealants.

Thanks

supercharged
04-22-2009, 01:30 PM
PM me what you can offer...We'll see if we can work something out.

Matt S.
04-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Just turn the jar upside down, shake it, and the wax should fall right out. Be sure to catch it in the lid or a clean ziploc.

Hades02
04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks Matt