PDA

View Full Version : When does one know when to rewax?

kellyinkc
08-29-2006, 06:53 PM
After last weekend heavy rains 10 inches or so. Is there any wax left. Beads have flattened out. Could it be I can now try out my freebie sealant......:D

cummins03
08-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Personally I have followed the nickle rule. If the vehicle is clean and the water beads the size of a nickle, it's time to rewax.

EDTHESPIC
08-29-2006, 06:57 PM
I would say it's time every week. I don't think you can ever have to much wax on your car. Especially if you are using pure blends such as pinnacle.

kellyinkc
08-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Sounds good. Thanks. I'm off next week so I will try out the DP sealant.

EDTHESPIC
08-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Remember if you are using a sealant apply the wax after the sealant for best results. I personally like Natty's Blue, haven't used it myself yet but have been very impressed with results that friend have achieved.

ScottB
08-29-2006, 08:07 PM
your gonna like the DP Sealant alone. Nice gloss and reflection. Keep it up between waxings with Quikshine or Poorboys Shine/Gloss. Great compliments.

Excessive Detail
08-29-2006, 08:16 PM
After last weekend heavy rains 10 inches or so. Is there any wax left. Beads have flattened out. Could it be I can now try out my freebie sealant......:D

Try some klasse sg, it seems to last the longest or poorboys ex-p, but likes the shine of dp or wg.

supercharged
08-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Carnauba wax should last you on average 4 weeks, if you wash weekly and use spray wax or QD. Even under heavy rain or storm it still should last around that time, unless it's an acid rain. Sounds like it's time to try DP selant for you then. I would still wipe down sith water/alcohol 50/50 mix so you can be sure that selant will bond properly.

clovis
08-30-2006, 06:20 PM
IM going to start detailing cars and wanted to know if you use a sealant like wolfgang and want to top it with wax, do you guys and gals take a couple of days or so to complete the detail because of the 12 hour cure time for the sealant?? Dont know if the customer would like leaving their car overnight or needing to bring it back the next day. Just curious what all of you do?:confused:

aceshigh73
08-30-2006, 06:39 PM
You probably want to 'ping' Justin.. our resident Fulltime Detailer. I dont think he usually does the Sealant then Carnuba thing..... I could be mistaken though....
I dont recall him ever do a 2-dayer except that old Covair which needed alot of TLC.

sparkie
08-30-2006, 06:48 PM
When I use the Klasse twins, I wait at least 8 hours or the next day before I put wax on top of it. When you have sealants on your ride, you got to give time to cure! Something to do with some kind of chemical cross-link chain to bond.

supercharged
08-30-2006, 06:59 PM
IM going to start detailing cars and wanted to know if you use a sealant like wolfgang and want to top it with wax, do you guys and gals take a couple of days or so to complete the detail because of the 12 hour cure time for the sealant?? Dont know if the customer would like leaving their car overnight or needing to bring it back the next day. Just curious what all of you do?:confused:
If you will tell customer that there is a 12 hour cure time, and that they need to come back the next day, ot leave their car overnight - they will chose another detailer. I would give 2 coats of sealant of your choice, or 2 coats of carnauba wax.

clovis
08-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Thanks guys, and thanks super, sounds like a plan.

Tex Star Detail
08-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I never 2 layer my customers' cars. They either get a wax, or I upsell them on a sealant as an LSP....

clovis
08-30-2006, 07:56 PM
that sounds like a good idea too. Although I dont know if ill be doing it on saturday now or not. That tropical storm from florida way is due to soak us friday and saturday.:mad: