PDA

View Full Version : peterbuilt truck detail

gto19
04-20-2009, 01:38 PM
im detailng a 2008 peterbuilt tomorrow for a friend.im just curious how you guys would go abouts cleaning and polishing all the alluminum.the wheels are 22.5 alcoas .i got the smoke stacks, 100 gallon gas tanks etc that are are all alluminum.the rims and look in good shape but the tanks have some staining on them.

any ideas?

thanks eric:cheers:

GXPWeasel
04-20-2009, 01:42 PM
I would guess you could use something like the powerball for alluminum on the truck, since there is plenty of it, and it would be much bigger than on a normal passenger car.

Jimmie
04-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Here's a product that I used on my motorhome (link below). Made a quick easy job out of the aluminum ladder. Shinned up really good with just a spray and rinse.
Duragloss Marine & RV Aluminum Cleaner #551 polishes and shines aluminum and metals on boats and RVs. Cleans and protects boat metal and RV metal (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-marine---rv-aluminum-cleaner-551.html)

HMFIC
04-20-2009, 03:55 PM
im detailng a 2008 peterbuilt tomorrow for a friend.im just curious how you guys would go abouts cleaning and polishing all the alluminum.the wheels are 22.5 alcoas .i got the smoke stacks, 100 gallon gas tanks etc that are are all alluminum.the rims and look in good shape but the tanks have some staining on them.

any ideas?

thanks eric:cheers:

If you do use the powerball get 2 extra refills. That way when one gets dirty, you clean it (DP Polish Pad Rejuvenator works well), grab a clean refill, then by the time you get back to the one that you cleaned it will be dry and ready for use. I also use a piece of hanger that I cut, bend it to a hook on one side and hang from my shop fan to dry.

I would use rotary and a wool pad for the tank.

Brandon1
04-21-2009, 09:16 AM
I use a rotary with a light wool pad for all the metal. A powerball works, but the drills dont last, plus the heat from the rotary helps break up the oxidation.