PDA

View Full Version : ultima???

drastic_detail
04-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Anyone use these products? Ever since AG started carrying it I have heard very little on here about them. Any good?

Meghan
04-17-2009, 06:51 AM
I have to say I have not had time to try yet, but it is definately flying off the shelf so someone around here has tried it.

supercharged
04-17-2009, 07:25 AM
I got a bottle of PGP, but haven't tried it yet...

rwisejr
04-17-2009, 09:47 AM
I have it and used the entire line its really good stuff. I think the price used to be most peoples complaint.It all works well .Easy to use. The trim and tire shine has nice sheen to it and last a good while.THe PGP is fast to apply and pretty durable as well.

supercharged
04-17-2009, 10:42 AM
I have it and used the entire line its really good stuff. I think the price used to be most peoples complaint.It all works well .Easy to use. The trim and tire shine has nice sheen to it and last a good while.THe PGP is fast to apply and pretty durable as well.
the price was very high, and that's why people weren't really buying it...the idea of I wanna make more money by raising the prices won't work anymore.

rwisejr
04-17-2009, 12:16 PM
the price was very high, and that's why people weren't really buying it...the idea of I wanna make more money by raising the prices won't work anymore.

I agree !!!

ZoranC
04-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I was one of first ones that got whole Ultima product line when it got introduced few years ago. It was a hate / love / reality check relationship for me. I hated how finicky it was for me. I loved the result. But at the same time reality check for me was that I felt I could have gotten practically same result with number of other products for less money.

ScottB
04-18-2009, 07:06 AM
I just started playing with this line in the last month, after using the beta product (wasnt it called RD49 ) before release and loving it only to find they changed it and went to a WOWA formula.

Paint Sealant --- This product is clearly wetter looking than Optimum and Zaino's walk away product. No matter how thin you apply , I have seen streaking as with all the other products too. This one is harder to remove the streaking even with their detail spray and within 30 minutes of application. The gloss and reflection are quite nice. It "seems" to protect differently, in that after a rain the marks on hoods/panels seems blotchy but almost suspended above the paint. The first washing showed some slickness not originally noted in application. It does seem to show some allegiance in looks to Four Star which could be polycharger additive.

Detail Spray --- This product seems to work well on all sealants and waxes. I had it first and a nice quick product for cleanups. It does seem to add some gloss but needs more gloss in my opinion (like Optimums qder) and it doesnt feel like any slickness is added. No streaking noted even in direct sunlight.

I am going to try the Trim Product shortly, and need to get the wash. Now that the newer kits and small sizing is available its a plus/plus. With how little of the sealant you use per car, it would take a year or more to use even the small 4 ounce deal.

supercharged
04-18-2009, 07:42 AM
I just started playing with this line in the last month, after using the beta product (wasnt it called RD49 ) before release and loving it only to find they changed it and went to a WOWA formula.

Paint Sealant --- This product is clearly wetter looking than Optimum and Zaino's walk away product. No matter how thin you apply , I have seen streaking as with all the other products too. This one is harder to remove the streaking even with their detail spray and within 30 minutes of application. The gloss and reflection are quite nice. It "seems" to protect differently, in that after a rain the marks on hoods/panels seems blotchy but almost suspended above the paint. The first washing showed some slickness not originally noted in application. It does seem to show some allegiance in looks to Four Star which could be polycharger additive.

Detail Spray --- This product seems to work well on all sealants and waxes. I had it first and a nice quick product for cleanups. It does seem to add some gloss but needs more gloss in my opinion (like Optimums qder) and it doesnt feel like any slickness is added. No streaking noted even in direct sunlight.

I am going to try the Trim Product shortly, and need to get the wash. Now that the newer kits and small sizing is available its a plus/plus. With how little of the sealant you use per car, it would take a year or more to use even the small 4 ounce deal.
Experienced detailers should be getting 4-5 coats out of a single ounce...I got a 12oz bottle, and that means I want 3 coats (12 hours apart) for that best look I hear raving about.

spamlova
04-20-2009, 02:49 PM
UPGP is simply awsome. Super easy to apply, takes just about as much time as QD after a wash. i've been seeing about 2 months of durability with weekly washes from 1 coat

ScottB
04-25-2009, 03:28 PM
After just two weeks of use I have something that spotted the paint and appears to need to be polished out like etching. I cannot believe any birdie-doo could have etched something so quickly. Had one coat of their sealant and one coat of their detail spray after last wash.

Rsurfer
04-25-2009, 04:18 PM
UPGP is simply awsome. Super easy to apply, takes just about as much time as QD after a wash. i've been seeing about 2 months of durability with weekly washes from 1 coat
:iagree::whs:For those who have experienced streaking, don't touch it for 12 hrs. After a wash or QD it will go away. Seems like everyone wants to wipe it off, don't.