PDA

View Full Version : Clay lube alternatives

Lowprofile
04-16-2009, 07:59 PM
In need of some clay lube and not looking to spend a lot of $$ on it. Is there something I can use, besides a QD, to use as a lubricant? Had read somewhere that Distilled Water/ Woolite 5:1 would work fine. Any other suggestions. Looks like I need to get some ONR. I go through a lot of lube. Thanks

RTexasF
04-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Car wash soap and water in a spray bottle works wonderfully as does Poorboy's Spray & Wipe, ONR & water, and on and on. There must be at least twenty alternatives available as opposed to to QD's.

dublifecrisis
04-16-2009, 10:01 PM
ONR! Order a gallon of it. Clay lube by the gallons, rinseless washes by the dozens, quick detail spray by the gallons all with you purchasing 1 gallon of ONR.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
04-16-2009, 11:06 PM
2oz. of ONR per gallon of water makes a great clay lube...at least that's what it says on the product page. After I read that, I added ONR to my list of stuff to get haha.

supercharged
04-17-2009, 03:11 AM
ONR! Get a whole gallon! 2 oz makes a gallon of clay lube, so that's 64 gallons of clay lube!!! I also add a couple drops of Megs #00 high tech wash, which is not detergent, to make it even more slippy!!!

Matt
04-17-2009, 04:11 AM
I was just on the DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-rinseless-four-in-one.html) page and it says that it too can be used as a clay lubricant.

I still trying to decide whether or not to add some to my order (this is gonna be my first time ordering from AG) but I don't think I will because my order is going to be internationally shipped and I'm guessing it's already going to cost a lot :D)

Meghan
04-17-2009, 07:07 AM
DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss is a great alternative for clay lube, and it is inexpensive way of doing it. If you need help with your international shipping contact Penny she handles that in our office, she will do the best she can for you.
penny@autogeek.net

RaskyR1
04-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Meguiar's Last Touch! A gallon is under $20 and it mixes 1:1 with water. It is super slick too and is one of the best clay lubes I've used. :cheers:

supercharged
04-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Meguiar's Last Touch! A gallon is under $20 and it mixes 1:1 with water. It is super slick too and is one of the best clay lubes I've used. :cheers:
which makes it roughly under $10 a gallon. ONR clay lube will cost under $1 a gallon...

dublifecrisis
04-17-2009, 10:45 AM
This is probably one of the products where cost is more important. When I clay, I use almost an entire bottle (between 24-28 oz) of lube. ONR isn't very slick feeling but I think it's enough. Last touch is a good suggestion too.

RaskyR1
04-17-2009, 10:46 AM
which makes it roughly under $10 a gallon. ONR clay lube will cost under $1 a gallon...

True, I do have both but I didn't find the ONR to be as slick as the LT. Plus using LT make me think of spring break in Mexico drinking pina coladas! :D

smltown517
04-17-2009, 01:18 PM
ONR! Order a gallon of it. Clay lube by the gallons, rinseless washes by the dozens, quick detail spray by the gallons all with you purchasing 1 gallon of ONR.
Ok, what the heck is ONR? Is that a brand name or an abbreviation? I know, I know...I'm clueless, but it's good to help the mentally challenged.Im the MAN

dublifecrisis
04-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Optimum No Rinse

Lowprofile
04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys. I don't know why I haven't purchased the ONR yet. Is there anything this can't do. :)

supercharged
04-18-2009, 02:17 AM
This is probably one of the products where cost is more important. When I clay, I use almost an entire bottle (between 24-28 oz) of lube. ONR isn't very slick feeling but I think it's enough. Last touch is a good suggestion too.
true, especially if you compare it to Pinnacle clay lube. But if you add a few drops of Megs High Tech wash #00, it takes care of that. And still remains for efficient.

True, I do have both but I didn't find the ONR to be as slick as the LT. Plus using LT make me think of spring break in Mexico drinking pina coladas!

but it doesn't smell like Corona Extra, and what kind of spring break in Mexico can it be without Corona Extra???:D:righton: