PDA

View Full Version : applying/removing tire dressing

98bmw323is
03-26-2006, 01:42 AM
what would i use to remove old tire dressings so that the tire doesnt turn brown as ive heard it would?

and

I saw this new kit on tv (horsepower tv) that is a tire dressing that last up to 6 months it looked like some paint on kinda thing i cant remember it any one ever heard of it?

ScottB
03-26-2006, 08:55 AM
over the years they have offered everything from brake fluid to silicone sprays and dyes in order to keep tires looking black and glossy. Most tires that turn brown are because of the past use of silicones as it is esentially drying out the tires.

You should need no more than a good car wash soap and a good brush in order to remove any water based dressing. Consider GEL products (Pinnacle, Endurance) for glossier looks, and spray (Poorboys, 303 Protectant) for matte or satin looks. I find that Poorboys Bright and Bold is excellent for me personally and I like Stoners More Shine Less Time but the dang aersonal can is a burden.

Here is a kit that might match your infomercials performance if long term look is needed http://www.autogeek.net/forblactirge.html