PDA

View Full Version : Souveran-first time use

Pages : [1] 2

CBX Carl
04-16-2009, 03:58 PM
I just tried this stuff for the first time---very impressive indeed. I was wondering if there is any benefit to putting Souveran on and off with a DA machine as opposed to "by hand". I tried it on a red Tiburon and a red Accent. Really brings out the color for sure...

wisemonkey
04-16-2009, 04:15 PM
putting it on by PC will give you a thin coat witch is what u want and taking it off by PC
just let you do it quicker no more

loudog2
04-16-2009, 04:26 PM
It would be faster, easier and less clean-up by hand!

ScottB
04-16-2009, 04:49 PM
hand only ... some members will suggest you must sniff it while you apply also.

Blackthorn One
04-16-2009, 05:15 PM
hand only ... some members will suggest you must sniff it while you apply also.

:) I like that Pina Colada smell.

kenny1775
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Excellent choice. Souveran Rocks Im the MAN

nosbusa
04-16-2009, 08:46 PM
I used Souveran for the first time today. Along with RMG it looks great.

Brian_Brice
04-17-2009, 01:18 AM
No added benefit, matter of fact I'd say there's a big downside to applying via pc or da, you lose out on the personal one on one rubdown time you get via hand.

Glad you love the wax like most of us, out of everything I've seen, NOTHING looks better on dark paint.

Wendell Jarvis
04-17-2009, 06:17 AM
It would be faster, easier and less clean-up by hand!
:whs: I think using a machine is wasteful, pad absorbs way too much product, as compared to a small foam applicator.........my 2 pennies

Meghan
04-17-2009, 06:59 AM
:whs: I think using a machine is wasteful, pad absorbs way too much product, as compared to a small foam applicator.........my 2 pennies

:iagree:

A4 1.8tqm
04-17-2009, 09:08 AM
In my limited experience, applying wax by machine is wasteful, more difficult and less enjoyable than by hand.

Can't wait for my Souveran to arrive, so I can try it for the first time!

67Customs
04-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Yeah, applying Souveran by hand is very enjoyable. If done by a machine, it would take away a lot that is good about Souveran and really reduce the essence of Souveran's use.

christian900se
04-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Its hard to beat the even spread by machine, but I agree for my good waxes, hand application is a must.

nosbusa
05-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Update:

I had to strip Souveran paste wax off my car the other day. The pollen was thick as heck on my black car. I was having to wash, and or QD every day. It drove me crazy.

So while the look was great, it was hard as heck to maintain "in real world" conditions for me.

I'm not bashing Souveran, I like the look, and it's very easy to use. I'm just giving my observation after two weeks on the car in my area.

Once the pollen dies down I will apply the Souveran again.

Rsurfer
05-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Update:

I had to strip Souveran paste wax off my car the other day. The pollen was thick as heck on my black car. I was having to wash, and or QD every day. It drove me crazy.

So while the look was great, it was hard as heck to maintain "in real world" conditions for me.

I'm not bashing Souveran, I like the look, and it's very easy to use. I'm just giving my observation after two weeks on the car in my area.

Once the pollen dies down I will apply the Souveran again.
So what sealant did you use?