PDA

View Full Version : Meguires 105 compound

Pages : [1] 2

carguy
04-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Just ordered this product heard so much about it. I have 2 vehicles this coming weekend to do, is there a way to get 105 to finish down to lsp and not need to follow up with a finishing polish..I will be using a rotory with this product I also have a da too I can use that too if needed. Thanks

sal329
04-14-2009, 10:00 PM
I would always follow 105 a finishing polish

highline1164
04-14-2009, 10:02 PM
i have had awesome results with this compound to very close to being LSP ready with the megs burgundy wool and turning the rotary at 1000 rpm and periodically wetting the surface with a QD

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Just ordered this product heard so much about it. I have 2 vehicles this coming weekend to do, is there a way to get 105 to finish down to lsp and not need to follow up with a finishing polish..I will be using a rotory with this product I also have a da too I can use that too if needed. Thanks

No, you are going to need to follow up with atleast a finishing polish or you might even need a middle step.

Larry A
04-15-2009, 09:18 AM
You will just have to try and see how it comes out. Some colors come out lsp ready ,others dont.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
04-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Color doesn't matter if something is LSP ready. M105 needs to be followed up like Asphalt said. Polishes like M205 and Menz Nano would work. You could even use 85RD to follow up that polish.

RaskyR1
04-15-2009, 11:41 AM

I have seen a few guys finish it down to or near LSP ready, but I would personally never leave it without following up with a lesser polish.

BarryK
04-15-2009, 02:29 PM
I've used M105/M205 on a number of vehicles now with my Flex 3401.

M105 can finish down very close to LSP ready but the M205 really puts the finishing touch on it and it recommended after using the M105.
It is pretty amazing though how well and to the degree the M105 finishes down so close to LSP stage considering the cut level of the product.
On a couple cars I was feeling lazy and the M105 finished down so well I almost skipped the M205 step before LSP and I don't think anyone but the most anal type of person (you know, like us on here :) ) would ever have noticed the difference

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-15-2009, 06:33 PM
You will just have to try and see how it comes out. Some colors come out lsp ready ,others dont.

How does color play a roll in whether something comes out lsp or not. Sounds like you just like to skip a step on lighter colors and hope the owner doesn't see anything. You will always need to follow up M105 no matter what color it is.

termigator
04-15-2009, 07:44 PM
How does color play a roll in whether something comes out lsp or not. Sounds like you just like to skip a step on lighter colors and hope the owner doesn't see anything. You will always need to follow up M105 no matter what color it is.

If M105 is anything like IP, only the truly anal retentive person will demand a finishing polish. I've used used IP with a white LC pad on my wife's white Accord and it looked LSP-ready in my eyes. The outcome might have been different had I needed to use the orange pad or if her car had a clearcoat. I'm just speaking from my experience.

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-15-2009, 08:10 PM
If M105 is anything like IP, only the truly anal retentive person will demand a finishing polish. I've used used IP with a white LC pad on my wife's white Accord and it looked LSP-ready in my eyes. The outcome might have been different had I needed to use the orange pad or if her car had a clearcoat. I'm just speaking from my experience.

You do not need to be anal retentive to know that both of those should be followed up. Once again just because it is white is no excuse not to follow up either of those with a finishing polish.

Harleyguy
04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
I guess if you want to take a short cut and it really doesn't make a difference how something turns out you can use anything anyway you want.And hope your customers are seeing impaired.

termigator
04-15-2009, 09:06 PM
You do not need to be anal retentive to know that both of those should be followed up. Once again just because it is white is no excuse not to follow up either of those with a finishing polish.

I'm not using white as an excuse. I'm just saying that I've done IP and then FP II on white and I did not notice any difference. I have done the same on my red Prelude and I can see a difference there.

termigator
04-15-2009, 09:11 PM
I guess if you want to take a short cut and it really doesn't make a difference how something turns out you can use anything anyway you want.And hope your customers are seeing impaired.

I'm not a pro. I don't have to worry about what customers think.:D
I only do my own cars and my family's. I would go the extra step if I think it will make a difference. If not, I've got other things that need to be done around the house that my wife thinks should have been done before I started messing with the cars.:D

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-15-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm not using white as an excuse. I'm just saying that I've done IP and then FP II on white and I did not notice any difference. I have done the same on my red Prelude and I can see a difference there.

There is your answer. It is making a difference, YOU might not be able to see it but it does make a difference, you just proved that on the red car. Plus once again those two need to be followed up period. The color has nothing to do with it, why is it so hard for people to understand this. Just take color out of the equation.