PDA

View Full Version : Winshield washer fluid removes wax?

supercharged
08-29-2006, 02:35 AM
This question has been bothering me for quite a while. Does windshield washer fluid removes wax? Let's say commercial grade washer fluid that you can buy a local Autozone. If yes, is there a safer windhield washer fluid solution? What about 303 Instant Windshield washer tablets? What about P21S Windshield washer booster? Even though it's summer, I still use winshiled wipers here in California. You know, sometimes you park under a tree(it could be the only parking available), and then there is a lot of tree sap. I'm too lazy to reach for a bottle of glass cleaner, so I just use windshield wipers.

By the way, would that be a good idea to use DP krystal vision glass cleaner instead of windsheild washer fluid solution? It's kind of expensive for this, but still.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance.

ScottB
08-29-2006, 05:38 AM
I think the alcohol and other items in washer fluid flash quite fast, that said I would not intentionally spray it on paint. Why not aim those little squirters for dead middle. In truth, I only use it when really needed.

Surfer
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
We use Super-Tech Summer formula in all our cars, noticed no effects from any spray that may get on the paint, still looks good and beads like crazy.