PDA

View Full Version : Single Stage Paint - Correction?

Malu59RT
04-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Hey guys, I have a friend that is wanting me to help him with his car tonight. He has a 94 Toyota Supra in white, that he is wanting to smooth the finish on. I looked at the car last night, and I don't believe the clay bar (which he requested) is going to come close to fixing the problem. He told me the car is a single stage paint from the factory (non-clearcoat). I'm probably going to just do what he requested (clay bar and wax), but was curious for my own knowledge, how you would go about correcting it.

I have a Edge2k 6" wool pad (yellow) that I've used on my car and another friend's Z06, with the Menzerna PO106FF, with amazing results. Would this be a death sentence on the white Supra? I have a green and orange edge 2k 6" foam pad as well, and I believe Menzerna SIP. I wouldn't mind testing a panel on his car, but since the car is white, I couldn't tell if I was lifting paint, like I could with a red or blue car. Any help and advice is appreciated, thanks!

Jason

Bigfoot
04-14-2009, 02:41 PM
You should have no problems with SIP/106FA on single stage paint, just make sure to test it first, and go from there.