PDA

View Full Version : 4" or 5.5" pads?

kovalchuk71
04-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Hey everyone, at the moment, I cant afford to get both sizes and backing plates for my PC. What do you reccomend I go for? The 5.5"? I have heard that you get more effectiveness with the 4" pads (especially with a PC), but they clog up quickly, so you need more of them. Any advice?

Rsurfer
04-13-2009, 02:18 AM
If I had to choose one, it would be the 4" pads. Get a spur brush for cleaning your pads after every panel.

vinnier6
04-13-2009, 10:01 AM
i like the 5.5" pads myself...but i keep all sizes on hand....4" are nice for harder corrections as they correct best, but 5.5" is hard to beat for all around pad uses...they correct good, and cover a larger area faster...plus for use with a sealant or wax they cover quicker.....

this is going to be subjective and personal taste comes into play...

vinnier6
04-13-2009, 10:02 AM
If I had to choose one, it would be the 4" pads. Get a spur brush for cleaning your pads after every panel.
why do you think you need to clean the pad after every panel....if your pad is getting that caked up every panel then i would think your using too much polish....maybe i am wrong??

killrflake
04-13-2009, 09:57 PM
why do you think you need to clean the pad after every panel....if your pad is getting that caked up every panel then i would think your using too much polish....maybe i am wrong??
I don't think he's saying the pads are getting caked up after each panel, but maybe it keeps them from even starting to get cake up. Just my .02.

Rsurfer
04-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Right on Killrflake, I do it mostly out of habit, but it will prevent product from building up. BTW vinnier6, I do know less is best, except for the KBM.