PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question.

Got Boost?
04-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Well, this is kind of a stupid question but I thought I would see if any of the "pro's" have developed a technique for this:

Whats the best way to apply wax from a small container (Natty's Blue specifically) to an applicator uniformly? My applicator will not fit smoothly into the container and I'm wearing a "crater" in the middle of the wax. I find myself using too much wax because of this. I feel like I'm not getting an even coat since the edges of my applicator are saturated and the middle is kind of bare.

I came from a world of liquid waxes, but switched to PB since they are sun friendly and I do not have a garage to work in. I tried wiggling the wax out of the container to "swipe" it on the pad, but its not working it. The wax wants to break up and slide back into the container.

Thanks.

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I just use the yellow applicators from AG and just wipe over the wax with half the pad. When applying I just use that half and keep my thumb under the side that has no wax on it.

Got Boost?
04-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I just use the yellow applicators from AG and just wipe over the wax with half the pad. When applying I just use that half and keep my thumb under the side that has no wax on it.

About how large are those applicators? The ones I have are probably about 5 inches in diameter.

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Just fold it slightly and wipe it along the edge of the jar.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
04-11-2009, 09:57 PM
The yellow pads that Asphalt is talking about is maybe like 4" maybe a little less. They work very well. I use them with my Natty's Blue. I know what you mean about one half of the pad getting saturated. It's really not a big deal.

bunyz06rabbitt
04-11-2009, 11:18 PM
I thought it was a great question.

alowe
04-12-2009, 07:43 AM
I take it out of the pot with a sandwich bag and use it to spread it along the pad. Then replace in the pot when done, no mess.

Jimmie
04-12-2009, 10:39 AM
At the hardware store you can find fairly soft thin plastic putty knives or paint edge knives. My neighbor cut me off a square piece a little smaller than the tub lips. I use that to rub across the top of the wax and then spread on a buffer pad. Don't know why it wouldn't work for a small pad but it's easier just to fold the small ones to fit.

Dsoto87
04-12-2009, 10:44 AM
You dont HAVE to use the entire applicator. Like Asphalt said I fold like have in the jar and swipe it. I than only use that half to apply it.

lgtspecb
04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
:iagree: