PDA

View Full Version : Polish help before Klasse AIO on Charger

Cass23VSU4
04-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Hello All,

I have a 2008 Dodge Charger RT Daytona in Hemi Orange Pearl with the free ‘Dealership Prep Package’. This is the deal with the light swirls, spiderwebs and water spots. I bought the vehicle in Sep08 and I did the following:

- Meg’s Gold Class Wash
- Clay Bar
- Sonus Paintwork Cleanser
- Collinite #915 (x2)

I haven’t fixed the swirls and cobwebs yet because I’m trying to find a decent polish to use before applying Klasse AIO (no KSG ‘til next winter). So my question is, are there any Klasse AIO friendly polishes around?

I’ve looked at the following, but haven’t found a definite answer:
- 1Z Einszett’s Paint Polish (green can) and High Gloss Polish (tall black bottles).
- Sonus SFX-2 Enhance Polish and SFX-3 Final Polish.

I’m also limited to hand application, due to living in a apartment complex with no garage. Unfortunately, its raining right now and I don't have any better pics than this one. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

loudog2
04-11-2009, 12:25 PM
I'd look at either Megs 105/205 or menzerna SIP/106FA. Add menzerna 85RD to jewel the paint after any of the combo's above.

Emile
04-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Why wouldn't anything be friendly with Klasse AIO? I suggest polishing the entire vehicle with Meguiar's ScratchX and then applying a coat of Klasse AIO to the vehicle. Then top it off with a nice wax like the Collinite 915.

Cass23VSU4
04-12-2009, 08:25 AM
I have a few sealants and waxes left over from our older vehicles, which were both white. Most swirls and light scrathes don't jump out to you on white as they do on darker colors. Now i'm just going through and making sure I have the right products for the right job. Unfortunately, I'm limited to hand applications for the immediate future.

loudog2 - Can your suggested combos be applied by hand? I thought they were only good for DA applications.

Emile - I've only used KAIO on white vehicles, so I figured it would be safe to just ask. I know certain products don't get along when trying to mix and match.

loudog2
04-12-2009, 08:50 AM
The new DA version of M105 is supposed to be formulated for use by DA and hand application.
Meguiars Mirror Glaze #105 Ultra-Cut Compound New D.A. Version With FREE BONUS (http://autogeek.net/meguiars-mirror-glaze-105-ultra-cut-compound.html)
Do you have a DA? To give it that great shine with a finishing polish, after the SIP or M105, you'll need a DA or rotary. I had a friend who lived in a apartment. He used to rent a generator to polish his car. He eventually bought his own generator, but you do have options.

lgtspecb
04-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Any pure polish should be fine under the klasse. I am not sure what is good for hand application thought. Scratchx is great for small touch ups or areas where it is tough to get by machine. I also found opt polish to work ok by hand. I think anything will be fine, just expect a lot of elbow grease for subpar results.

I used to live in an apartment and would polish outside. I just got a 100ft extension cord and ran it from the kitchen to my car port.

elk42
04-12-2009, 11:15 AM
im gonna use ssr1 from poorboys and scratch x for touch ups all by hand before the AIO. Total hand apps from start to finish tomorrow.

Dsoto87
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Thats a big car to do by hand.

Polishing by hand is a big task to undertake. Anyways, any polish will be fine under KAIO.

KAIO has cleaning chemical in it that will remove anything anyways. Which means, dont waste your time putting a glaze under it. If you really want to get anal about it you can do IPA wipedowns before putting the KAIO on.

Cass23VSU4
04-12-2009, 03:33 PM
By no means will I try to polish my whole car at once. I'm pretty sure my arms would fall off. I just plan on taking my time working 1 complete section at a time.

My main problem areas are the hood, roof and trunk or horizontal surfaces. The hood is covered by a huge flat black decal in the middle so I basically have the roof and the trunk. The sides, front and rear aren't bad at all which is weird or I just can't the light swirls and scratches yet.

That's why figured the 1Z and Sonus stuff would work because their for hand use or low speed (1000rpm) DA use.

Thanks, you all gave me some cool info and other approaches to look at so I'll continue my research. I'll be sure to post results and better pics when I get results.

Emile
04-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Don't be discouraged if one application doesn't make much of a difference. A second and maybe a third application of these polishes by hand usually brings out the best results. It's very tiring and time-consuming, but you should be able to achieve some damn decent results by hand.