PDA

View Full Version : Waxes for various paint colors

sportzfan76
04-11-2009, 10:45 AM
A little while back I read some posts here that listed out the various wax brands by which color paints they excell with...ie dark colors, metalic paints etc.

I have practically worn out my search button and for the life of me I cannot locate these lists.

Help please ? Thanx !

loudog2
04-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Dodo makes waxes for different colors. Look at their color chart. Souveran paste is great on black, red and great on silver. SSII is a good wax for metallic colors. Fuzion looks good on anything. So does wolfgang DGPS

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
04-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Natty's Blue is good on darker colors. You could try the straight 8 sample pack from Dodo Juice. I just got it and look forward to trying them all. They have something in there for dark colors, reds, metallics, whites, etc.

Emile
04-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Yeah, you're probably talking about Dodo Juice.

Go to Autogeek.net, click on Shop By Brand, click on Dodo Juice, then click on "About Dodo Juice" and it will give you some info on what wax is for what color.

Just keep in mind that a color-charged wax will color-charge your towels and applicator pads, too. After I wax with my Dodo Blue Velvet, my towels and pads are blue as well!!

sportzfan76
04-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Guys - thanks for the input.

But I'm looking for a post that "listed" many waxes - not just the DoDo info.
and the list also contained all colors not just dark colors

Here is part of the original post:
Dark Colors: Black, Grey, Dark Blue, Dark Metallics.

Dodo Rain Forest Rub,
Dodo Purple Haze,
Dodo Hard Candy,
Dodo Blue Velvet,
Dodo Juice / Rubbish Boy's Juiced Edition
Pinnacle Souveran,
Chemical Guys – XXX,
Chemical Guys Pete's 53',
Victoria Concourse Red Wax,
Victoria Collectors Wax,
P21s Carnauba Wax,
Nattys Paste Wax,
Collinite #915,
Harly Paste Wax,
Meguiars #16 Paste Wax,
Meguiars #26 Hi Tech Paste Wax,
Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax,
Poorboys EX Sealant with Carnauba
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze,
Rubbish Boy's Original Edition

ScottB
04-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Some waxes like the Pinnacle Pastes also offer some choices for coloring. Usually due to the ingredients or polymers in wax themselves.

Souveran -- black, red, yellow
SSII --- light colors and metallics

MORUAR
08-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Some waxes like the Pinnacle Pastes also offer some choices for coloring. Usually due to the ingredients or polymers in wax themselves.

Souveran -- black, red, yellow
SSII --- light colors and metallics

i have a 2009 c6 z06 atomic orange (metalic), what wax do you recommend me after a coat of Wolfgagan sealant 3.0? a coat of W sealant 3.0 give me mome shinest or its only for more protection? I need a mirror look! tks.

Blackthorn One
08-06-2009, 12:44 PM
i have a 2009 c6 z06 atomic orange (metalic), what wax do you recommend me after a coat of Wolfgagan sealant 3.0? a coat of W sealant 3.0 give me mome shinest or its only for more protection? I need a mirror look! tks.

If all you care about is a mirror look, ie reflection, then a sealant is just fine. Waxes offer a deep rich glow which sealants generally don't, with the exception of the WDGPS. Sealants tend to offer the most reflection.

ryandamartini
08-06-2009, 03:01 PM

Mirror look on a bright color? I think you should check out DP MaxWax. Great for providing sharp reflections on brighter colors. It is also like butter to apply and remove.