PDA

View Full Version : 1 st with a rotary 98 Sentra.

newtundra
04-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Did my girlfriends car on wensday, first time using a rotary with all the right tools & polishes. My girl took the pics so they might not be the best, but this is what I have to show.

1. washed
2. clayed
3. washed
4. ##'s scrach& swirl remover, with hitachi rotary, ccs 6.5" orange pad.
5. ##'s pro-polish w/ cyclo blue pads
6. ##'s factory sealant.

The car had alot of oxidation and the color was very dull and brownish on the lower doors. I think I did a good job with the rotary not too much swirls left behind from the machine, but that was taken care of after the final polish with the cyclo. Tell me what you think. pics 9& 10 were half and half shots passenger door done drivers side unpolished, pic 11 is the finished car.
Pics 6,7, 8 & 11,is what the entire car looked like when I was done. Pic 14 is before, but the right side is polished on the hood only. 13 is after.

bunyz06rabbitt
04-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Looks dam fine to me, what did your girlfriend think?

newtundra
04-10-2009, 10:58 PM
I told her that the car would look like night & day after I got finished with it. Well it did! She was very happy with the outcome and so was I. It looks like a complety different car now. I haven't done a paint correction like that since I was 18, and I used a dewalt grinder with a white wool pad then. So this time I did my research and bought the right tools and products and followed the correct steps. I like to do car's with beat up finishes you can really see what you can do.

bunyz06rabbitt
04-10-2009, 11:41 PM
I like your train of thought. With a little more practice, you'll be a Detailing God like a few others on this site. Keep up the good work!