PDA

View Full Version : White car help...

kovalchuk71
04-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey guys, just got a volvo s80 in white and am wondering what I should look for to polish and wax it to a nice gloss? I saw 4*UPP, is that 4 star ultra premium polish? Does anyone have any other reccomendations, especially for a wax or sealer? Id personally like to seal and then wax over it. Im thinking fuzion or souveran for the wax, but I dont know what to use for the sealant or polish...Thanks!

Chris

AeroCleanse
04-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Also look at Optimum Opti-Seal and Optimum Wax

YoMike
04-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Polish with Poli-Seal, seal with Opti-Seal.
My choice and I've tried them all!

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3861/3901/22151950051_large.jpg

ScottB
04-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Sealant --- Four Star UPP, Wolfgang 3.0
Wax --- Pinnacle Sig Series II, Nattys Red

jaymz
04-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Danase Wet Glaze is killer on white paint!

Jim

AudiTTman
04-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Not too long ago i did a friends M-Roadster with 4*UPP and Pinnacle Sig Series II with amazing results. I was skeptical at first because i wasnt really sure if white would give off good reflections, but to my surprise, it looked awesome! Reason i use those two are manly because of price. Now im not saying they are cheap, i believe both the wax and sealant are around $50 each, but with proper prep you can really make ur white car so shinny that you cant stare at it in the direct sunlight lol!

Emile
04-11-2009, 11:30 AM
4-Star UPP is supposed to be pretty good. I'm a big fan of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

kovalchuk71
04-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I can still use normal polishes before correct? I think Im going to go with Menzernas.

smalltrees
04-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Wolfgang for the sealant and Fuzion on top, and your white will not get much brighter...

kovalchuk71
04-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Can I use Souveran instead of Pinnacle Sig. Series II or will the Sig. Series give me a better shine?

BenzDetailer
04-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Make sure you get a 32oz bottle of POORBOYS White Diamond Glaze. I have used it on all my white cars since it first became available. You will not be sorry !

kovalchuk71
04-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Would I use the glaze after the sealant or before? I think Ive read you do it after....so I would seal, then glaze, then wax?

BenzDetailer
04-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Depends on the Sealent.

I use kind of an eclectic match of products depending on the vehicle. I have an unusual recipe for white cars that have paint on the harder side.

I always start with a good foaming wash Megs GoldClass or DP followed by a Claying. I do my light correction with M105 / M205 followed by a sealent or sometimes Chemical Guys "Virtua Bond" product. Then PoorBoys "White Diamond" topped with XMT180 and usually paired with a second coat of wax that is often Natty's Blue. I then will evaluate to see what my final step will be sometimes something as simple as DODO Red Mist ! All My Horizonatal Surfaces always get a second coat of wax for added UV protection. I try to seperate these coats by several hours to an extra day. Often times if I have the Luxury of having the vehicle for a second day I will get three coats in. And I always do a gentle wash between coats if the vehicle was exposed to the enivironment at all. With white cars is it is very difficult to get depth but you can achive an awsome shine and a well protected finish.