PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP --> Pad hop with PFW and SIP

alowe
04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Hello all,

I was polishing a new Jeep Grand Cherokee yesterday and was receiving quite a bit of hop and pull with a 6" PFW using SIP. Seemed to dry very quick also. I moved onto a CSS White with 106FF and is was gliding and looked great. Should I prime the PFW in any way? I was in a garage about 60 degrees and no humidity, in the north east?

Thoughts?

Andy

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Never really hear of pad hop with this pad. Sounds like it was caked with product, trying cleaning the pad after each pass.

alowe
04-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I did with a brush and it cleaned it. Is it possible to use too much. only had a strip of about 6" and did 1/3 of the hood. Seemed to dry real fast and then cake to the hood in clumps. Only second time using SIP, other was with foam. Had hop, but was an Orange foam, white worked better, just was not the cut I was looking for.

Meghan
04-10-2009, 06:10 PM
You have pad conditioner ?

Harleyguy
04-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I did with a brush and it cleaned it. Is it possible to use too much. only had a strip of about 6" and did 1/3 of the hood. Seemed to dry real fast and then cake to the hood in clumps. Only second time using SIP, other was with foam. Had hop, but was an Orange foam, white worked better, just was not the cut I was looking for.What kind of machine are you using and what speeds ??

AeroCleanse
04-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Did you clay first?

bunyz06rabbitt
04-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Try misting the pad with a little of your favorite quick detailer plus a light mist on the working surface.

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Try misting the pad with a little of your favorite quick detailer plus a light mist on the working surface.

Do not use QD as a pad primer, if you are not going to use the product itself or use a mist of water.

alowe
04-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Makita rotary between 1200 - 1800. Clayed entire hood, then Prep-All wipe. Did 1/4 hood and it started to gum up in areas. dried and was clumped on parts of the PFW. I was not sure if I should spray the pad a few times with XMT conditioner? Started to walk a bit then hop. Started almost instantly, seemed to dry and flash very quickly. Gummed areas were VERY hard to remove.