PDA

View Full Version : Ive returned and have questions!

AudiTTman
04-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Well first off, I've been off the forum for a month due to a bad laptop malfunction. But now on to my new discoveries

Basically, i had washed my car and had some light swirlage and some weird looking streaks where i had dried the car off with a guzzler. I knew that i didnt need anything really that powerful to get rid of these nasty little bugers so I just happened to find in my closet a brand new bottle of ScratchX and a brand new CCS white bad. THIS SPAKRED MY INTEREST. I went to the garage and did a single panel and was actually very pleased. Light swirls and streaks were gone and the car looked great. Didnt take put 5 mins to do the entire door.

My question is, exactly how strong is ScratchX. I mean, i know Megs makes it, but where on the scale of M105 to M205 is this ranked? I figured its gotta be a bit finer than M205 but im not expert. All i know is that it claims to have dimishing abbrasives. It worked great on my audi and it really helped me save my SIP and Nano for bigger jobs.

r0ckstrWS6
04-10-2009, 03:32 PM
sorry I can't help answer your question, but does your audi ( or the car you used the scratchX on) have a soft clear coat?

reason I ask is, I've tried scratchX on my car, and it didn't do any correcting lol.

Wendell Jarvis
04-10-2009, 04:55 PM
welcome back AudiTTman, wondered what happened to ya

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
04-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Audis are known to have very had clear coats.

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Don't you have 85rd? I would try that first on a blue pad.