PDA

View Full Version : Automagik???

Lowprofile
04-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Was checking into a few local Car Boutiques in my area and after some careful questioning got one of them to tell me what product he uses. He says everything he does is with "Automagik" The other Boutique owner wouldn't give out the info but a friend of mine used to work for him and said he uses all Automagik because its CHEAP! Anybody ever heard of it?? It is also what most dealerships in the area use. Saw some talk on it on another site and nobody would use there products when there are products like the ones here. I am looking to start up a small detail business using the products from here. My finished cars look 10x better than these guys do. This is what two of the 'supposed' best "Boutiques" are using! Any info on these products? Just want to research what the competition is using.

killrflake
04-09-2009, 09:08 PM
There's an auto supply store which sells mostly Automagic to body shops and the like in my area of New Jersey. To be honest, many years ago I used to buy Automagic polishes and other products from him before my eyes were opened to better products. In my opinion their stuff is inferior to Meguire products, which they sold as "high end" polishes and waxes, and by far lesser quality then Menzerna, Wolfgang and most all the other lines sold at Autogeek. I don't go near the place anymore unless to pick up some minor item needed to complete a job that I just ran out of such as tire dressing or Claymagic clay which buy the way won't be happening anymore since I just purchased the Pinnicle clay during a sale and now have about six cakes of it. So if Autogeek doesn't sell it I probably don't need it. And now I check my inventory ahead of time and get the good stuff from Autogeek.:righton:

Lowprofile
04-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Funny thing is I pulled my freshly detailed (DG) black Maxima into the first guys parking lot and parked it right in the middle of his detailed cars that were finished and waiting on their owner. I should have taken a picture of the difference between mine and his lol My black was on a totally different level than his black :)

GXPWeasel
04-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Don't you just love that :) So and so says their performance is well, and then you compare it to yours, and yours is much better. Always makes me feel like I know what I'm doing

Lowprofile
04-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Just walked away smiling when he told me he didn't give out the names of the products he uses because they are top of the line. Damn, I'd hate to see what his idea of bottom of the line is :) Automagik is top of the line huh? ;)

Larry A
04-10-2009, 08:18 PM
I have used their Red Hot APC and their BC2 cleaner wax and both products were pretty good. The BC2 is used with a rotary.

Emile
04-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah, it's Automagic. They typically sell their stuff to high-volume detailers. They offer economical products that simply do not match the same quality as the stuff that Autogeek sells. For example, their clay, ClayMagic is sold in stores but there is nothing special about it. It's just a clay bar that's cheap and does what it's supposed to do. The rest of their products are like that.

Lowprofile
04-11-2009, 06:38 PM
No thank you, I'm good :D Just had never heard of the products and wanted to know a little about what the local Boutiques were using. I know my car looks better. I just need to educate more people in my area about the difference. And there are people paying $200 plus at these Boutiques. Question is, how do you educate a person on the difference in under 4 or 5 minutes.....I am seriously considering this as a business.