PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite product to hide minor swirls between details?

A4 1.8tqm
04-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm curious what products the majority here uses to hide/fill any minor imperfections in between full details.

I have been happy with Klasse AIO and SG with P21S as lsp, But SG is quite a lengthy process to get a couple coats down correctly. I would like to get something a bit less time consuming, longevity is not really an issue as I wash/wax often and Klasse is beastly.

TIA :cheers:

ScottB
04-09-2009, 06:40 PM
a true glaze is likely to offer more temp filling to hide swirls.

termigator
04-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I usually go with Final Polish II or S100 Shine Enhancer (not sure if it constitutes a glaze, but I like it a lot)before I get any bad swirls and that usually does the trick. I have recently begun playing around with glazes and hopefully they'll be easier to do than FP II. I'm also looking forward to trying out Wolfgang's Paintwork Polish Enhancer (Again, not sure if it's a glaze or polish).

A4 1.8tqm
04-09-2009, 10:25 PM
killrwheels, got any suggestions for a good 'true glaze'?

termigator, I currently use FPII for removing light swirls, its a light polish w/ no fillers. Wolfgang's Paintwork Polish Enhancer looks like a good option for between polishings. Not looking for any cleaning action though, just a good filler.

Thanks guys

lgtspecb
04-10-2009, 12:19 AM
PPE doesn't polish or seal does it? I have only used it once, prior to DGPS, so I can't really comment on it to much, but it's just a pure cleaner with no filling or protection as I understand it.

OGauge4Me
04-10-2009, 02:26 AM
I usually use a coat of Z5. However I picked up some Fuzion and will try it after I polish the car, hopefully at the end of this month.

A4 1.8tqm
04-10-2009, 03:55 AM
lgtspecb- PPE is a cleaner with fillers, so no it doesn't polish or seal. It preps the paint for DGPS, both of which I would like to try out and compare with Klasse AIO and SG. But still, DGPS has the long cure time

OGauge4Me- I have been considering Zaino products and and wish I didn't miss the frozen fusion deal. I saw Z5 pro (new?) on their website, paired with ZFX to allow for immediate layering, it looks like exactly what im looking for! Any experience with ZFX additive?

OGauge4Me
04-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Yes, I use the ZFX. The Z5 Pro leaves a great shine but do not expect it to fill in major swirls. It will handle some minor swirls but not major ones. I usually top off the Z5 with another layer of Z2 the next day.

lgtspecb
04-10-2009, 11:33 AM
lgtspecb- PPE is a cleaner with fillers, so no it doesn't polish or seal. It preps the paint for DGPS, both of which I would like to try out and compare with Klasse AIO and SG. But still, DGPS has the long cure time

OGauge4Me- I have been considering Zaino products and and wish I didn't miss the frozen fusion deal. I saw Z5 pro (new?) on their website, paired with ZFX to allow for immediate layering, it looks like exactly what im looking for! Any experience with ZFX additive?
On my dark gray car, the WG twins was beautiful, also topped with some pinnacle ssii. Since WG doesn't really work so well with lighter colors, I went with AIO/SG on my silver car also topped with ssii, I can't really compare them directly but I would say the WG looked better. I also only did 1 coat of sg and two of dgps. I really, really wanted to try ppe/dgps on my blue car, but I ended up just going with poli-seal and xmt 180. Maybe next time.

Thats interesting though, I didn't know that ppe had fillers.