PDA

View Full Version : Slowly getting better...

pricha00
04-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I am starting to get better resutls with my paint correction but have a couple of questions. Worked on a 04 Optra in black metallic this afternoon. Paint was pretty bad with lots of RDS from a young girl using the wrong end of a snow brush to clean the car off this wnter. Not pretty...LOL. Anyways I was using OP and OC with a Makita rotary and edge foam pads. OC on yellow followed by OP on white did a pretty good job of cleaning up the paint. Some deeper marring still remained but snow brush scratches removed and some serious shine restored to the finish. Wish I had my camera but this was done in the car owners garage. I noticed with the OP that if I went above 1200 or so that I could not get that smooth look to the polish. The pads are the ones with the square pattern cut into it. Is this a function of the pad or the speed at which it is used? It kind of looks like the polish is breaking down unevenly if I go too fast...is that correct? Also for the deeper scratching would I be better off getting some good wool and just work on those individual areas followed by the foam using OC and OP? I must say that for an econobox the paint colour looked wonderful once it was poished. I wish my Toyota had that metallic in it instead of just black.

Pat.