PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel - let it dry or not?

YankeeFan
04-07-2009, 10:59 PM
I was going to apply my first application of Aquapel this weekend. Was planning to follow directions not to let it dry but I now see posts where people have let it dry, more difficult to remove the haze, but longer lasting. What has everyone been doing?

Howard

BenzDetailer
04-08-2009, 05:23 AM
Aquapel is a fantactic product I have applied it to over 100 cars. The one word of caution I would offer is follow the directions carefully. Don't expect the Aquapel to clean the windshield. You must clay or prep the windshield properly with a companion product like Diamondnite. Otherwise it's like applying wax and sealents over an unwashed car. I charge about $150 for a medium size car just for Glass Preparation and an application of Aquapel. That last about 6 months under average conditions.

OGauge4Me
04-08-2009, 07:09 AM
:iagree:

I spent close to 45 min cleaning the windshield on my Bonneville before applying the Aquapel. I did not let it dry and used the recommended paper towels to remove. The removal process is also involved.

When finished the product works very well. I rarely have to use my wipers even in traffic. The water just beads up and floats off the windshield.

I will buy Aquapel again

Jimmie
04-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I haven't tried Aquapel. Just jumping on here with a tip worth an experiment for those that are using it. It was always tough IMO to remove rain-x until I tried it with a microfiber bonnet. What a breeze. Quick and easy.

ScottB
04-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Mine did not dry completely, kinda oily at first but buffed off much cleaner than Rainx.

YankeeFan
04-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Aquapel is a fantactic product I have applied it to over 100 cars. The one word of caution I would offer is follow the directions carefully. Don't expect the Aquapel to clean the windshield. You must clay or prep the windshield properly with a companion product like Diamondnite. Otherwise it's like applying wax and sealents over an unwashed car. I charge about $150 for a medium size car just for Glass Preparation and an application of Aquapel. That last about 6 months under average conditions.

I'm reading around that people are using a paste of Bon Ami and water while others are using straight IA. Other than those, do you think I can just use Klasse AIO and then.......not sure what else would be needed. Never spent much time on the windows till now.

Howard