PDA

View Full Version : CCS applicator pads????????

corolla619
04-07-2009, 10:43 PM
I just bought and received my frozen fuzion:cheers:along with other products today. i've been using sig II but took the plunge even though i stick to what i like and know.

anywhoo....i bought the lake country ccs red pads with the perferated on one side and the regular smooth foam on the other side.

now this might sound stupid but what side of the pad do i actually use to apply my wax? and if it's the perferated side please explain.

thanks, sorry for the off the wall question.

corolla619
04-08-2009, 12:50 PM
all the reviews and no reply's?
i thought for sure out of all the detailing gurus on here 1 of you could answer this simple question?

pwcheenie
04-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Usually the wax or polish goes on the perforated side of the pad. The other side has a hook and loop surface to attach the pad to a backing plate on the electric porter cable or flex polisher. Look at the product link on the right of the page. Find lakes country pads for explanation of how the pads work.:grouphug:

ScottB
04-08-2009, 01:47 PM
I used these and the Pinnacle foamies (yellow) and found no real difference. Was cute to see the little pimples left on surface in certain areas however.

corolla619
04-08-2009, 03:21 PM
the pads i bought i believe are just hand applicator pads. the red ones with the dimples. from what i understand, the pads are marketed to apply thin even coats. with that said i assume the side with the dimples is the applicator side from what i've read?

these do not have the hook and loop on them.

here's the link my friends....Lake country ccs applicators, wax applicator, sealant applicator (http://www.autogeek.net/red-ccs-applicators.html)

Jokeman
04-09-2009, 08:01 AM
You can use either side.

CharlesW
04-09-2009, 08:11 AM
the pads i bought i believe are just hand applicator pads. the red ones with the dimples. from what i understand, the pads are marketed to apply thin even coats. with that said i assume the side with the dimples is the applicator side from what i've read?

these do not have the hook and loop on them.

here's the link my friends....Lake country ccs applicators, wax applicator, sealant applicator (http://www.autogeek.net/red-ccs-applicators.html)The following is from the link you posted.

"CCS stands for Collapsed Cell Structure. The face of a CCS pad is covered in strategically placed pockets. These pockets are locations where the foam cells have been closed. Polish does not absorb into these closed cell pockets, leaving more product on the pad's surface and on the paint. This polish-saving design allows wax to spread further because less product is absorbed by the applicator pad."

From what is said, it would seem that the side with the "dimples"/pockets would be the face/applicator side.

loudog2
04-09-2009, 08:12 AM
I use the smooth side of these also. The dimpled side is fine with liquid sealants/waxes. But, not with carnuba pastes. The paste doesn't get into the dimples. So, you always get a voided area where the dimples are when applying.

Jason
04-09-2009, 09:14 AM
I normally use the ccs pattern side with liquids and the flat side with paste waxes.

froggyman
04-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Anyone has use the orange CCS foam hand applicator pad?
How is its compare to other foam applicators(eg Meg foam pad)??
It this CCS pads (which has material like m/c polishing pads) more effective in removing swirl marks?

Thanks.

Emile
04-22-2009, 10:35 AM
I think you guys are talking about the red CCS foam hand applicator pads. You apply the wax to the side of the pad that has the little dimples in it and then apply to the surface of the vehicle.